So, what kind of loot did you get?

Ferret

Explorer
I got lots, still being reasonably aged.

The coolest things I got might have been the liquid powered clock, A poker set, Flanimals of the deep, and a 1 GB memory card for my phone :D

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
BOZ said:
the best thing i got was a best buy gift certificate, so that i could finally get my computer fixed after almost 6 months. :p

and i couldn't be happier! signing on to ENworld from MY OWN COMPUTER for the first time since June 2006...

Wycen

Explorer
My swag came with a hitch, but that's ok I suppose.

I got an iPod nano, the first season of BattleStar Galactica on DVD, (I'm not a huge fan, it just so happened I was watching BSG, hoping Adama would nuke the planet from orbit, when my sister called trying to figure out what to get me), some clothing I asked for and some clothing I need to return, beers of the world and I bought myself a bottle of ice wine.

I didn't immediately start trying to use the ipod until last night when I discovered my computer does not have USB 2.0. I wasn't sure, just knew something wasn't working right until I found somebody who could tell me how to tell if I had USB 2 or 1.x.

So I have to buy a new computer. I've been thinking that for about 6 months, now I guess I have more incentive.

Ferret

Explorer
Mine came with a hitch too. I got Half-Life 2: Episode One, but it needs direct X 9 in the hardware, and I only have direct X 6 on my graphics card....

kenobi65

First Post
- LEGO Star Wars II for my XBOX
- Evanescence's new CD (it surprises me that I like them as much as I do...I'm so not goth-y :) )
- Several model rockets (my other geek hobby)
- Lots of clothes, many of them emblazoned with a green-and-white "G" logo :D
- A hand-knit baby-alpaca-wool scarf, knit by my sister

Mycanid

First Post
Well ... I got an surprise gift from my boss for a four day vacation to Arizona to spend time with my family beginning the day after Christmas. It was very peaceful and a wonderful time.

Lessee ... my mom threw together another absurdly spiked rum fruitcake (a favorite recipe of mine that she makes).

Also there are the warm winter socks (much appreciated and useful this time of year) and a diary/journal for next year.

Also got a nice collection of some lectures and books on CD (I like listening to them on my mp3 player and am a bit of a niche audiophile in this regard).

And ... also received a book or two, paper versions a 'la the same sauce as the mp3 files.

Finally ... I may be getting a new machine at work some time soon! I know, I know, this is after Christmas proper, but maybe it can be put down to one of those "twelve days of Christmas" things. ;)

Mycanid

First Post
Hooray! I got my last Christmas gift today (or at least purchased it) on the 10th day of Christmas ... "ten lords a leaping" and all that.

Got a new pc, custom build, for work.

Athlon X2 4200 (with extra quiet high end cpu fan), 1 gb dual channeled DDR 800, 160gb sata2 hard drive, high end Asus Motherboard, DVD dual layer burner, etc., etc. and all in a nice looking Aluminum PC case (at least I like it) with an extra quiet SLI ready 600 watt power supply. All for $680. Not bad.

This will be an upgrade from my present Athlon 2.6 ghz XP machine, and a welcome one!

So ... this is probably the closest I can get to "loot" per se. ;)

Remove ads