Solo Game ... Focus on Character/World Development

Nonlethal Force

First Post
For Velmont

Velmont,

Your OOC thread is up here: Into the Moral Darkness I hope you'll recognize the name ... ;)

I have a plot hook proposal already waiting for you there. We can tweak it in that thread if you would like. Once we agree on a plot hook, feel free to use the plot hook proposal to help establish your character, character background, and even things like skills/feats.

I'll edit my first post over there to indicate how character creation is done.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
For Unleashed

unleashed said:
Nah, I just like dragons. :D

My kind of player. I can't wait till Dragon Magic get here. Of course, I'm waiting to see if Complete Mage is anygood and then get them together to get free shipping. So probably two weeks or so till I have them both. :)

unleashed said:
I'd much rather he met such a personage ingame for the first time. :p

Good. That shouldn't be much of a problem. Assuming a great and powerful mage like Warus would have the time for a lowly ECL 2 character...

unleashed said:
Hmm, sounds like fun, though Aekalos would still be quite fragile...especially if he actually runs into a Sahuagin...CL = CR, not good for the PC most times. ;) As for controlling the dice...you still do! :p :lol:

Yeah, I wasn't thinking direct confrontation with the Sahuagin at first. That would be a constant uphill battle - especially if you do multiclass. I was thinking that would be the potential goal to work toward and begin making a name for himself.

Anyway, Since you're cool with that geographic setting I'll do like I did with Velmont. Thread should be up in half-hour to an hour. ;)

unleashed

First Post
Nonlethal Force said:
Unleashed, I'll await for a response regarding my earlier post before coming together with your storyline. Yours should come together rather quickly, too.
I assume you mean the post about resuming the Keryth and Dahlia thread...time to start a discussion about that then I think. ;)

While it's an interesting side thread and fun to play out, I don't know if it will be active all that much longer...depending on where the overall game heads in future (I believe she was looking at equipping herself as an adventurer before he got back, in the last posts we made). Although I certainly wouldn't mind starting it up again from where we left off, we could just assume they continued on with what was planned in the thread up to that point...handling future assignations if and when we get to them. Your thoughts?

Nonlethal Force

First Post
unleashed said:
I assume you mean the post about resuming the Keryth and Dahlia thread...time to start a discussion about that then I think. ;)

Ummm, no. Actually I missed your earlier post so I was talking about your response to my prior post. Which ... was already there. I just missed it. :eek:

But ... as long as you brought up the Keryth/Dahlia thing. You are correct. [I still have the file you saved after the crash.] She was thinking about equipping herself. But, that doesn't mean she need come along with the party, either. I already have Destiny in the party and that would make two NPCs. I don't want the NPCs to become a major focus in Clutches of Evil.

In the solo game, there is no problem with NPCs because it isn't like interaction between the NPC's and the player take away from player/player interaction. But in CLutches I try to stay as much to the background as possible.

We can certain handle it in the future should it come up. Especially if Keryth and the company survive that long ... :uhoh: :D

unleashed

First Post
Yeah, I noticed that right after I posted. Doesn't matter though as I forgot to reply to the Keryth/Dahlia thing earlier when you mentioned it...so you missing my post got me to go back and look for something I hadn't replied to. :lol:

Sure, I don't necessarily expect her to follow along with the party...just saying that their future contact may be limited, depending how far away the party goes or how quickly we head into Bahruul's quest...especially if she doesn't come along.

Yes, survival is a key ingredient to continuing anything. :] :D

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Well, since this thread is pretty much served its purpose until/if Bloodweaver returns ...

[hijack]
I am curious to know if you have any ideas as to what the mind-torcs are that Markie just used in Keryth's presence.

Oh ... and cute character sheet! :lol:

unleashed

First Post
Of course I have ideas...first thought is that it's a telepathic message system.

Yep, short sharp and to the point...always good. ;) :lol:

Remove ads