Song of Ice and Fire

Drowbane

First Post
I recently started reading George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" (1/2 way through the 3rd book) and I was thinking it'd make a smashing cool low-magic D&Dish setting. Is there an RPG already attached to this setting? I was thinking Iron Heroes would be great for it...

Drowbane

First Post
Awesome, tyvm for the prompt response.

Perfect timing I suppose, as I will shortly be finished with the 3rd book... and my B-day is in Oct. :D

I hope S&S doesn't scum it up....

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
SSS partnered up with Guardians of Order to make it possible. There is also a Collector's Edition and an upcoming TriStat version. I have the Deluxe Limited Edition, an I must say it and the system are absolutely amazing.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Frukathka said:
SSS partnered up with Guardians of Order to make it possible. There is also a Collector's Edition and an upcoming TriStat version. I have the Deluxe Limited Edition, an I must say it and the system are absolutely amazing.

I concur.

My review is about 3/4 done and should be up shortly.

Drowbane

First Post
So does it cover the events of the 3 (soon to be 4) Novels?

Initially, I'm way more interested in Fluff for this setting than I am new mechanics... a comprehensive guide to Martin's world would be awesome. Including more detailed maps, structure of the Noble Houses (great and small), more History of the setting.

Skyman

First Post
The RPG only 'covers' the first book (though it does have bits of information from later), but it also has a pretty comprehensive history section that adds info that we haven't seen yet (well, it may be in A Feast For Crows, I don't know). There are also very extensive writeups for just about every character from book 1 you can think of, and plenty of bits of information about life in the world. It doesn't have too much on the Free Cities, Dorne, etc. but those will be covered in later supplements. Overall I think there's plenty of fluff - and the mechanics are far better than I expected as well. Highly recommended. :)

Maester Luwin

First Post
Hey everyone. I have to say this game really captures the feel of the books. I just ran my 5th session & it has been a blast! The game only covers the first book but like Skyman sys it is also a very good source book as well. I have a write up of my campaign so far on GoO forums. It is set not during the times of the AGoT but a 100 years before, year 195. I hope this helps. Thanks Maester Luwin

ragboy

Explorer
What's the GoO forums?

I just started the series (3/4 of the way through Book 1). Holy Cow and Dancing Buddha! Great great book. Glad to see there's some gaming materials for it.

Remove ads