Song of Ice and Fire

Imperialus

Explorer
Dr. Strangemonkey said:
I really liked the fourth book. Certainly, it is a very different novel than the previous three but it's about time that Martin gave us a big picture book. Pound for pound I think Feast gives you more information on what's actually happening in the world as a whole than any one of the previous three books.

That's what I really liked about FFC. Remember by the time this book hits the war has pretty much ground itself out and now we are left with characters trying to pick up the peices of their shattered lives. I was disapointed at the exclusion of Tyrone but according to GRRM by the time he finished Feast it had grown to almost 3000 pages in manuscript, by contrast Storm of Swords was 2600 and printers had great dificulty with that.

Skyman

First Post
Yep. It would have been hard for George to really make AFfC as exciting as Storm of Swords, having to cut it down and deal with the aftermath of everything that happened in the last book. But it was still good - and it gives all sorts of little bits of flavor that will help an RPGer game in Westeros.

BTW Imperialus, just responded to your thread about AGoT DR on the Monte Cook boards, I'm Sky Meister there. :)

Maester Luwin

First Post
Hey everyone! I have just finished my 8th session & things are going well. The game lets you capture the feel of the books. I really think anything from one off adventures to eic campaigns will be fun! Thanks Maester Luwin

Remove ads