• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Song of Ice and Fire

Banshee16

First Post
Hmm....I just checked Amazon. Last week the book was listed as "ships in 7-9 days". So I ordered it. I just checked Amazon today, and it now says "ships in 1-3 months". However, my order status no longer allows me to edit my order, and in red text it says "We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be cancelled or changed"....

Hopefully that means maybe they've sold out, but I ordered in time, and my copy will be on its way shortly. Typically Amazon gets books here pretty quickly once they're sent...even on free shipping.

Banshee

DuncanOToole

First Post
hmm I'm just curious, do you guys think that Dawn is as good a sword as for an example Longclaw or Ice?
or is it only as cool as the wielder itself.

Enforcer

Explorer
DuncanOToole said:
hmm I'm just curious, do you guys think that Dawn is as good a sword as for an example Longclaw or Ice?
or is it only as cool as the wielder itself.
Well, by all accounts Arthur Dayne was a total badass, even more so with that whole Sword of the Morning thing--almost as cool-sounding as the Mountain that Rides. Still, it's meteor-forged, and [A Feast for Crows Spoiler (pretty minor)]
When Dayne raises Jaime to the Kingsguard with Dawn, the lightest touch of the sword still cuts through Jaime's clothing and makes his shoulders bleed

DuncanOToole

First Post
Enforcer said:
Well, by all accounts Arthur Dayne was a total badass, even more so with that whole Sword of the Morning thing--almost as cool-sounding as the Mountain that Rides. Still, it's meteor-forged, and [A Feast for Crows Spoiler (pretty minor)]
When Dayne raises Jaime to the Kingsguard with Dawn, the lightest touch of the sword still cuts through Jaime's clothing and makes his shoulders bleed
so maybe it has the same properties as a Valyrian forged blade or even better..

Enforcer

Explorer
DuncanOToole said:
so maybe it has the same properties as a Valyrian forged blade or even better..
I would certainly treat it as Valyrian steel (+3 to attack/damage rolls, halve opponents' armor rating). Also, while I haven't really read much about sundering weapons in AGoT, I'd give Dawn greater hardness than steel (and maybe a little higher than Valyrian steel).

Banshee16

First Post
My copy just arrived today. Got home from work and cracked it open and....

Wow!

A lot of reading to do here. This book is frickin incredible. And it's not even the deluxe version. Way to go!

Banshee

JoeGKushner

First Post
I was in Borders the other day and noticed it. Man, this book kicks Mutants & Masterminds in the nuts and steals it's lunch money in terms of layout and art. One of the, if not the best looking books I've seen.

JoeGKushner said:
I was in Borders the other day and noticed it. Man, this book kicks Mutants & Masterminds in the nuts and steals it's lunch money in terms of layout and art. One of the, if not the best looking books I've seen.

Thank you for your colourful compliments!

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
-- Cersei, A Game of Thrones

DuncanOToole

First Post
Guardians Of Order said:
Thank you for your colourful compliments!

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
-- Cersei, A Game of Thrones
well worth the wait great piece of rpg goodness, starting a campaign SOON to test it :)

Remove ads