Song of Ice and Fire

Armistice

First Post
I have, but I'd disagree with Imperialus. I find A Feast for Crows to be the weakest of all four books so far. It essentially serves as a placeholder for time advancement before signifcant plot begins again in the next book to be published next year; "A Dance of Dragons". Don't get me wrong, I liked it, just not as much as I liked the previous three. The next one promises to be much more like the first three.

Skyman

First Post
I'd have to agree. A Feast For Crows was probably my least favorite book. It would have been hard for GRR to get me to like it more, though, since it didn't have Tyrion or Arya (my favorite characters), or anything dealing with Stannis or Melisandre (one of the aspects of the story I'm most interested in. It still had some cool events and was well-written, definitely a fine novel, just not quite up to the scale of the previous books.

Edit: Oh, and if you don't know yet, the OGL RPG book is now available in hard copy form, and has been available as a pdf on DriveThruRPG for a while.

While it is true that Tyrion doesn't appear, there are two Arya chapters in A Feast For Crows. They only cover about 30 pages or so and not a ton happens with her in the book but she does appear briefly.

Armistice

First Post
Arya, Tyrion, Jon, Daeny (sp?) are my favourite POV from the novels. King's Landing just isn't as interesting without Tyrion or Littlefinger. Martin acknowledges in his afterword that unprepared readers might be surprised (unpleasantly) by A Feast For Crows.

Thanee

First Post
Although, I havn't seen it yet, I already know that I will not like A Feast for Crows as much as the previous three books or A Dance of Dragons. It's all about the cool characters. :)

Bye
Thanee

Drowbane

First Post
I finished the 3rd book awhile back now. I'm waiting on Feast of Crows to hit paperback (I hate hard-cover...)

I'm undecided on running a Campaign based in Westeros... however I'd steal bits and pieces of the setting for sure. :D

Skyman

First Post
Drowbane said:
I'm undecided on running a Campaign based in Westeros... however I'd steal bits and pieces of the setting for sure. :D
I'm likely to adapt the GoT RPG to my own setting, it fits quite well. I've also considered a historical, medieval campaign using the rules. A Roman game would also be very interesting, and have a lot of similar opportunities for political maneuvering.

Enforcer

Explorer
DuncanOToole said:
are there stats for Arthur Dayne's greatsword Dawn?
No. But there are stats for Valyrian steel, which I think we can safely assume Dawn is made of--remember that Valyrian steel can be given all sorts of colors.

Without printing exactly what Valyrian steel does, let me just say it's awesome.

Remove ads