Loot: 10000
Starting: 5224.31
Ending: 1724.31

begooler

First Post
2651gp 91 silver before Bresk Castle
+10,000 gp promissory note
-12k headband upgrade

-Named the badass phantom stag 'Kewaunee' which apparently is a Gnomish (or Sylvan?) word for "I typed the words 'falling star' into Wikipedia and there was a picture of a shooting star over some river in Wisconsin called the Kewaunee River."

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
http://dndtools.pw/spells/spell-compendium--86/phantom-stag--4628/

I recall having issues with this spell when I used it, in that it doesn't provide nearly enough information about the stag.

Strength and BAB: No clue. The d6+9 damage presumes a Str of 22 (+6; x1.5 damage for a single natural weapon), but only if its not considered a magic weapon (it later gains properties, but it never mentions it being a +1 or better weapon, either). I guess Str 22 and BAB +5 to reach the +10 attack bonus w/ -1 size included and no enhancement bonus....
Dexterity 20, based on AC note
Con and HD: No real way to tell, but I think Con 10 and HD equal to CL -1 (thus, it's getting 5 hp per HD) is reasonable. It does not gain BAB from these HD since its attack bonus never increases; it's just for resolving HD-dependent effects.
Mental ability scores: Absolutely NO IDEA how to figure these out. Hopefully, it's never needed.
Saving Throws: So much for that... I have no idea here, either. Dex adds 5 to reflex, Con adds 0 to fortitude, Wis is a wild guess. Base saves...going to have to figure something out.

Immunities and qualities: It's a corporeal creature. Despite the spell name, it is not a shadow spell. Is it subject to ability damage? Maybe. Critical hits? Probably. Mind-affecting? No idea...if it were you could dominate it into allowing a new rider which I'm not sure should happen, but I see no reason for it to be totally immune to enchantments, either. Is it an animal? Magical Beast?

begooler

First Post
Yeah. It has a defined DEX as described in its AC, but without a lot of speculation and reverse engineering not really much of anything else as far as creature stats. What I would do is use either 10 or +0 for everything and count the bonuses it gives as 'misc' or otherwise treat it like a magical beast of "x" HD as defined by the spell level or caster level. I would say to also treat it as mindless, since I think we are assuming it can only be 'controlled' by the caster or rider and not think independently?

So, for example
Phantom Stag
Large Magical Beast
10 (str, dex, cha, int, etc)
HD: '9'
HP 40+(CLx5)
AC: (copypaste what it says, including +5 ac from 'dex')
BAB: Caster level
Attack: (As listed)
Damage: (As listed)
Grapple: BAB (Caster Level) +Str (+0) + Misc
Speed: As listed
F/R/W +0 each, or use bonuses for good save progressions from magical beast
INIT: n/a

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Ok, official loot for finishing up in Bresk. Sorry if it's belated. It's not much, at least...

8 black onyx gems (used for animate dead) [200]
Ring of Counterspells (currently holds Charm Person) [2000]
Scroll of Rope Trick [75]

That's it. That and the 10,000 gp each of you got. So, you each get an additional 379.17 gp.

Remove ads