• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spiderman No Way Home Trailer

i would argue that the punisher was as good and it was a true shame that it also got cancelled. John Bernthal was perfect and the best punisher of the 3 cast (2 movies)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
John Bernthal was perfect and the best punisher of the 3 cast (2 movies)

I will agree that Bernthal acted the role with skill, and the series was technically well made. However, I don't think it is a shame it got cancelled, as I don't think the character is particularly heroic. He's a deeply damaged man who commits many, many homicides.

Rune

Once A Fool
I will agree that Bernthal acted the role with skill, and the series was technically well made. However, I don't think it is a shame it got cancelled, as I don't think the character is particularly heroic. He's a deeply damaged man who commits many, many homicides.
I enjoyed the performance, but we probably didn’t need quite so many flashbacks.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
This.

Punisher is…not a great character.

The initial Punisher comic book back in the 80's/90's was good and he was more of the anti-hero back then. Besides, if people can enjoy psychopathic junk like Dexter or Hannibal or The Sopranos, where the bad guy is glorified, why not Punisher?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Besides, if people can enjoy psychopathic junk like Dexter or Hannibal or The Sopranos, where the bad guy is glorified, why not Punisher?

I mean, you just admitted it is "junk" so...

And, really this is a strawman. I didn't say people cannot enjoy such fare. I said that I didn't find it a shame it was cancelled. I, personally, find it an ill-fitting piece for under the Marvel banner, which is otherwise about heroic figures.

Remove ads