• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spiderman No Way Home Trailer

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
really? Iron Man is started life as an unscrupulous weapons manufacturer with a drinking problem, Black widow was an assassin, Hulk is an outright monster. if anything Punisher was a more honest portrayal of vigilante behaviour, reflecting some of the 1970s cynicism
All of those either have those elements as backstory, or as the thing they're trying to overcome. Punisher just is willfully a homicidal psychopath.

Also, Stark's drinking problem doesn't belong on that list.

Rune

Once A Fool
The cheeky behavior and wink says more Loki to me.

That could explain all of the snow. He might have opened the Casket of Ancient Winters.

The question would be: Why would he do the spell? And how could he do it without enchanting everybody?

Rune

Once A Fool
Yah. Alcoholism itself is not a moral failing. If you want to knock Tony, knock him for not getting treatment. Mind you, they seem to cause an issue once - at the party - and we don't see him drunk after that, do we?

Might as well also knock Hank Pym for abusing his wife.

Undrave

Legend
There's already one in the Spider-Verse canon, I believe, in which May dies, instead of Uncle Ben...
There's also a classic What-If story where Uncle Ben is the one bitten by the spider. At the end of that one, Ben dies and Peter uses his science knowledge to gain the same powers and becomes Spider-Man.

There's also 'Spider-Mam' in the Spider-Verse comic who is Aunt May (the old white haired version!) who got the Spider powers!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yah. Alcoholism itself is not a moral failing. If you want to knock Tony, knock him for not getting treatment. Mind you, they seem to cause an issue once - at the party - and we don't see him drunk after that, do we?
Well, and like, he's obviously also depressed and suffering from PTSD, and honestly I think you have to kind of set his lack of treatment at the feet of the social order in which he lives, at least in the first couple IM movies.

I also honestly find it hard to believe that MCU Pepper hasn't ever bullied him into seeing a therapist. Literally just "I will not see you until i hear from Doctor Kumar that you've had a talk with him, Tony", and oh hey Tony is in therapy. (Dr Kumar is my doctor's name)
That could explain all of the snow. He might have opened the Casket of Ancient Winters.

The question would be: Why would he do the spell? And how could he do it without enchanting everybody?
Loki can do magic other than enchantment, a Loki that has run around the multiverse a bit and learned some stuff, with a bit more dedication than he has previously had, could be truly terrifying.
Might as well also knock Hank Pym for abusing his wife.
Um...abusing people is actually a moral failing all by itself, and Hank Pym should be "knocked" for it. What on earth are you trying to say, here?

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
I think that's just our camera viewpoint, not an entity.
In June, Disney+ added an altered version of the scene and there is an invisible something descending from the left over the mountains as the camera POV zooms in on the cabin. See more here:

Rune

Once A Fool
Loki can do magic other than enchantment, a Loki that has run around the multiverse a bit and learned some stuff, with a bit more dedication than he has previously had, could be truly terrifying.

Strictly speaking, the variant from the end of Loki season 1 learned how from Sylvie, but he definitely isn’t capable of grand-scale enchantment by that point. Of course, time has no meaning in the TVA…
Um...abusing people is actually a moral failing all by itself, and Hank Pym should be "knocked" for it. What on earth are you trying to say, here?

Exactly that. Hank Pym should be added to the list of morally flawed Marvel heroes.

Rune

Once A Fool
In June, Disney+ added an altered version of the scene and there is an invisible something descending from the left over the mountains as the camera POV zooms in on the cabin. See more here:
Pretty sure that’s just a lens artifact. Digitally added, of course.

Remove ads