• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spycraft serial 1: Gearing up phase

Game Control

First Post
[ OOC: You can rent vehicles with field expenses, BTW. Of course they can't have gadgets, these are never prime vehicles (especially in Africa) and they leave a larger trail. I mean that the fact that you rented the vehicle makes it easier to trace if your cover is blown.]

[ OOC: Your forged documents says that you are envoys from the Red Cross. You are expected in the MSF base camp by tomorrow afternoon (it'll takes 6 hour to drive there). You can choose the name that shows up on your fake passport. It can be your usual name if you wish. James Bond usually keeps the same name no matter the cover, for example.]

Alexander Roman

First Post
Luddite said:
[ I recommend that we all get some NBC suits. I don't want to be caught with out some bio-chemical protection, and I don't think anyone else wants a serious case of TB. Not to mention getting some bio-chem detection equiptment

-The Luddite

Right. I can afford a gas mask (MB: 5) which will leave me with just a few bucks left over (MB: 2, GB: 1). I'll throw these in the group kitty for people to use as they will.

TB is an airborne disease, so a gas mask should be all we need. Plus the pills from the Colonel, we should be fine. However, if someone were willing to hand me an NBC Ice Pack I wouldn't leave it behind. ;)

Game Control

First Post
Originally posted by Tokiwong 9x19mm Submachinegun-Match Grade Quality and Hush Puppy CQB Modification (18 BP, 3 GP)[/B]

[ OOC: It doesn't add up. Match Grade is +2, CQB is +1 and Hush Puppy is +1. Total = 4 GP. Note that the CQB modifcation is required for a Hush Puppy CQB modification (.p146).

I've house ruled the use of the hush Puppy as well as new rules for minions. Check it out in the Charter ]

Tokiwong

First Post
Game Control said:

[ OOC: It doesn't add up. Match Grade is +2, CQB is +1 and Hush Puppy is +1. Total = 4 GP. Note that the CQB modifcation is required for a Hush Puppy CQB modification (.p146).

I've house ruled the use of the hush Puppy as well as new rules for minions. Check it out in the Charter ]

OOC: I will fix when I get home... sorry I thought the mod was only +1 and don't have my books handy

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
Tokiwong said:
OOC: I will fix when I get home... sorry I thought the mod was only +1 and don't have my books handy

OOC: It is +1 for the Hush Puppy modification. But it requires the CQB modification in the first place (third on the list of weapon enhancement gadget, p.145) which is also +1.

Game Control

First Post
Sherman remembers something

-Luddite, I got something for you.

He tosses you a dossier containing the info you requested about Balladur AKA Fuller.

OOC: The gist of it is that Balladur first used the Fuller alias to get from Harare to Atlanta two weeks ago. Car rentals and national flight tickets allows you to see that he split his time between Atlanta and New York.

As luck would have it, he got a parking ticket for staying overnight on the Ponce de Leon avenue, between Myrtle and Penn (That's in Atlanta).

It might be useful later in the season altough I doubt you can put this info to use during the current serial.

Luddite

First Post
Non Equipment requests....

Cover : Francis Armon, PhD. Bio-Statistics from the Johns Hopkins Medical Research Institute. He is here to evaluate and model the spread of the epidemic.

I will also need a few books and Journals to brush up on my terminology and jargon.

Also the only thing I know I would like to get is an Implated Bug Detector for 4 GP. My other Gadget point is offered up to the pot.

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
Cover...

Cover: Father Hung Ji Kim, young Catholic Priest and caretaker... here as part of a missionary work and working with the Red Cross as part of his duties... to preach and heal the suffering...

OOC: Change made only CQB Mod on the Sub-machinegun

Kim looks over his gear, and nods approvingly, "Looks like everything is in order," he smiles approvingly, "Just like usual Colonel, now all we need to do is get the needed funds for vehicles... and I think having two would be a great idea..."

He looks at his watch and smiles, "Only 6 hours... I love time constraints..." He glances to Ghostfox, "So Ghost, what do you say to a nice quiet evening in Milan after this little venture, you know catch up on old times..."

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
[OOC: I requested the following:
Standard liner for clothing (tux liner) (1GP)
First Aid kit (3BP)
Hand Cuffs (1BP)
L. Skin Patch (5BP)
Stim Shot (3BP)
Flashlite (1BP)
Gas Mask (5BP)

That leaves 2BP plus 1GP]

Kennichi greets Colonel Sherman with a bow and silently inspects his gear. Satisfied, he nods in approval.

[OOC: Cover: Sato Okura - Tokyo University graduate now preparing for medical school in the states. Wishes to gain experience abroad in medicine with the Red Cross - Thinks it will help his pending and future school applications. (Ken IS trained in First Aid +5)]

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
OOC Luddite and Alexander Roman analysis of the photographs :

Luddite lead the analysis, helped by his computer (enhanced the photograps thrice). Alex used his own Surveillance skill to assist Luddite. They had enough time for three attempt, the best was the third (Rolled 18 and 20).

Results in one interesting tidbit; In 4 of the photographs you see Balladur walking through the crowded street.

In the first, you notice a bulge in his pocket.

In the second, the subject is in a crowded street and there is a soldier walking in his direction without looking at him. Civilians are blocking clear view of both Balladur and the soldier.

In the third, the soldier and Balladur are side by side, Balladur's back is toward the camera. He seems to be looking straight ahead. The soldier OTOH seems to be looking down, maybe at Balladur's hand. Civilians again block most of the view and you can't see much more than half the soldier as well as the head of Balladur.

The fourth photograph, taken in a less crowded area finnally allow a clear view of Balladur; the bulge in his pocket is gone.

Remove ads