Star Wars 2005 - Who would you cast?

(Hey! What this forum needs is a Star Wars thread!)

Let's say George Lucas went bat-guano-crazy and decided to remake the original trilogy. Who do you think he should cast in the lead roles? Here's my fantasy breakdown:

Luke = Nick Stahl
Han = Josh Holloway (Sawyer from Lost)
Leia = Katie Holmes (mmm, slave girl outfit)
Lando = Mekhi Phifer
Obi-Wan = Anthony Hopkins
Voice of Vader = Clancy Brown (Brother Justin from Carnivale)
Chewie = Yao Ming
C-3PO = Hugh Grant

KenM

Banned
Banned
Ian Mcallen as Obi-Wan, John Ryes-Davies as Chewbacca, Eliajah (SP?) Wood as Luke, Viggo Mortenson as Han, Liv Tyler as Leia. ;)

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
Anthony Hopkins as Obi-Wan?

...interesting...
I liked that he can do charming and benevolent AND scary badass, and doesn't look particularly scary. He'd probably have to lose some poundage. Silence of the Lambs-era Hopkins would be perfect.

KenM, I thought McKellen would be a natural choice too, but almost too natural. He doesn't need to be typecast as a wise and powerful old dude anymore than he already has (Magneto, Gandalf).

Dark Jezter said:
"He was a cunning warrior, and the best star pilot in the galaxy. And he was a good friend. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."
"Obi-Wan never told you what happened to you father..."

"He told me enough! He told me you killed him!"

"No, Luke...he ate your father."

Ghostwind

First Post
I think I would like to see it redone in more of a Battlestar Galactica revisioning. With that in mind, here are my choices:

Luke Skywalker - Christian Bale
Leia Organa - Angelina Jolie
Han Solo - Nicolas Cage
Obi-Wan Kenobi - William Petersen (although I also think that Anthony Hopkins would be brilliant)
C-3PO (voice only) - Mira Furlan (she does angst quite well)
Darth Vader (voice only) - Patrick Stewart
Chewbacca - Shaquille O'Neal (he doesn't need to act, only stand there in a fur suit)
Lando Calrissian (sp?) - Marge Helgenberger
Gran Moff Tarkin - Judi Dench

Michael Morris

First Post
In that eventuality I think Ean McGregor should continue to play Obi-Wan - Even simple theatre makeup can add 20 to 30 years to you (watch the movie "Truman" sometime), so it could go off plausibly. James Earl Jones should stay as Vader.

The rest, uhm.. I dunno.

Remove ads