• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Wars: Ahsoka - Official Teaser Trailer

Zardnaar

Legend
But that's not what's important about being a jedi...

Kinda is. It's like me claiming to be an Olympic athlete and without the raining or ability.

Or a doctor. Need cheap surgery $10.

It's probably just Sabine doing combat training or she may be force sensitive. We'll see.

Reef

Hero
Without further evidence, I’m going to go with ‘it’s just lightsaber training’. She was taught by a Jedi on how to use the Dark Saber effectively, and I have no reason not to believe that would translate into using an actual lightsaber.

Speaking of Force Sensitivity though, has the movies or tv ever dealt with the ideas of varying levels of it? Other than a throwaway “The force is strong with this one”? It seems like it’s always no ability, or the ability to become a full on Jedi with training.

I know in the EU there were characters who were Force Sensitive but explicitly not strong enough to be considered Jedi. The Wraith Squadron novels (for example) had a character who could basically do the “I’ve got a bad feeling about this” level of Force, but after being tested by Luke was told her abilities would probably never progress beyond that point.

Anyway, the talk of Sabine potentially being Force Sensitive made me curious if there was canonically a spot between “no Force” and “potential Jedi”.

Zardnaar

Legend
Without further evidence, I’m going to go with ‘it’s just lightsaber training’. She was taught by a Jedi on how to use the Dark Saber effectively, and I have no reason not to believe that would translate into using an actual lightsaber.

Speaking of Force Sensitivity though, has the movies or tv ever dealt with the ideas of varying levels of it? Other than a throwaway “The force is strong with this one”? It seems like it’s always no ability, or the ability to become a full on Jedi with training.

I know in the EU there were characters who were Force Sensitive but explicitly not strong enough to be considered Jedi. The Wraith Squadron novels (for example) had a character who could basically do the “I’ve got a bad feeling about this” level of Force, but after being tested by Luke was told her abilities would probably never progress beyond that point.

Anyway, the talk of Sabine potentially being Force Sensitive made me curious if there was canonically a spot between “no Force” and “potential Jedi”.

You mean the new Canon?

They do reference the inquisitors being comparatively iirc. Fairly common trope in old EU.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ah, so Inquisitors are only meant to be Sensitive? I assumed they were pretty much (Dark) trained Jedi.

They're weaker jedi turned to the dark side apparently. In the comics afaik.

Vader and Palps don't want rivals. I think the grand inquisitor wanted to replace Vader as Sith apprentice.

This is why they basically suck vs jedi survivors.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Kinda is. It's like me claiming to be an Olympic athlete and without the raining or ability.

Or a doctor. Need cheap surgery $10.

It's probably just Sabine doing combat training or she may be force sensitive. We'll see.
They’re blurring the lines between force sensitive and not.

The blind guy in Rogue One “isn’t force sensitive”, but he can fight unhindered without sight. Sabine can challenge force users with a lightsaber, and calls Ahsoka “master”.

Force sensitivity won’t be as binary as folks think of it, I’m betting.

MarkB

Legend

Chirrut in Rogue One. He's sensitive to the Force and uses it to compensate for his blindness among other things, but he seems to be unable to actually manipulate it in any way.

Remove ads