Star Wars: Tales of the Jedi

possum

First Post
"You are forgetting that Odan-Urr is a veteran of the Hyperspace War. My Master and him are from the same species," Thy'Wen replies.

Rhun

First Post
Anariel nods in understanding. "Yes master, my apologies. I had forgotten that your master too was a member of the Draethos race. You must have learned much from him."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"So Voda is your last student, Im honored! I have some questions though, Im quite ignorant as you say, about Jedi force traditions, so Im not aware of this Odan-Urr you mention. My knowledge is quite more... Naturalistic. I need to learn so much about the ways of the Jedi..." comments Voda a little dissapointed.

Rhun

First Post
Anariel stands, tired of sitting. She looks at the newest padawan as she answers his question. "Odan-Urr is a great Jedi Master, Voda. It is he who founded the Great Jedi Library of Ossus. We may even get to meet him when we reach Ossus..." The tone of her voice shows that the young woman is somewhat excited by the prospect.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That would be moust interesting I think, and I see you also find it somehow "good"... its hard to read human face, it makes so much movments... its soft and... I dont know...Lacking exoskeleton must be really hard" Voda states as he looks Anariel with his big black composed eyes.

Shayuri

First Post
Realizing that they don't seem to be moving right away, Kestrel comes into the room and sits down near the door. She's often quiet, watching and listening. It's not hard to sense that she feels awkward being so young among the other padawan. Though the martial traditions of the Echani have brought her far, she still struggles with some of the philosophical underpinnings of the Jedi way.

She speaks now, "Master...is Odan-Urr's lifetime so long because of the Force? Do all Jedi live so long?"

Rhun

First Post
Still somewhat excited, Anariel turns to Master Thy'Wen. "If I remember, Odan-Urr is credited with the creationg of the force technique known as Battle Meditation. Do you think he might be willing to spend some time with us, perhaps teach us some of the technique?"

possum

First Post
Master Thy'Wen nods at Kestrel's question. "It is true that through the Force one's lifetime can be extended, yet my Master's lifespan--as well as that of Odan-Urr's--is primarily linked to their species longetivity. I am afraid that almost all human's lifetimes will never breach the 200 mark. It is the same with us Caamasi.

"As to battle meditation,"
he turns to Anariel, "the ability to master it in a method that will really do a difference in a large-scale battle is rare. All can study it, but all those without the aptitude are discouraged.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Yeshua seems a bit confused, "Besides, you can't fight when you're meditating. It's doesn't seem like it would really be useful outside of a large battle."

Ambrus

Explorer
Lorem's amber colored eyes turn to watch the exchange between his master and the young echani girl while also stealing glances at the other listening padawans to gauge their thoughts. The neti himself remained silent on the topic of longevity, uncertain of what he could add to the conversation. His master was speaking to his peers about a lifespan of less then two hundred years.

How could Lorem relate to such beings when the neti himself could, in his lifetime, easily expect to witness the passage of over four millennia? The force only knew how the galaxy would change over the next four thousand years. Would he even remember these individuals in his twilight years? Would their brief lives impact the neti significantly enough to make that possible? In a way, the young padawan felt sorry for his friends, but at the same time he felt rather alone in the crowded transport.

Remove ads