Star Wars. what era are you playing in? Or who isn't playing in Legacy?

Currently running a campaign set roughly 500 years before Episode I. No movie iconics to get in the way of the group's heroics, and pretty much free reign to do as a I please since there's little to no "canon" material to get in my way.

Currently playing in a play-by-post in the Legacy era (no sign of Emo McWhinnypants, aka Cade) as a smuggler. Apparently there's "canon" information about how much faster hyperdrives have become (x1 being the new standard for civilan craft as oppossed to the x2 standard listed in most places), which would have been nice to know when I was making my sales pitch for a chartered flight.

The_Gneech

Explorer
Bagpuss said:
Another for what is Legacy?

And another.

My game is set 2 years after RotJ and throws out pretty much everything in the EU. Kyle Katarn is around, 'cause he's all right. The rest? Feh.

-The Gneech :cool:

EDIT: Followed the links to the Wikipedia info about the "Legacy" era and this Cade Skywalker bozo. Yuck. Ick. No thank you. :\

Last edited:

atomn

Explorer
We're playing in a Rebellion Era game after Episode IV (and looking for players, if anyone in Baltimore is interested! wednesdayboy[at]gmail[dot]com). Wingsandsword pretty much hit the nail on the head for me too. I love the Rebellion and New Republic eras, the Yuuzhan Vong did not capture any of the Star Wars feel to me. Although while I would play in a clone wars era game, after seeing the rubbish that is Ep. 1-3 I don't have any desire to.

Flynn

First Post
I'm not running a campaign as yet, but I have a One Shot coming up in a few weeks, set in the Force Unleashed era. If I were to run a SW campaign, it'd probably be KOTOR, although there is some appeal to the Legacy storyline, for me anyway.

With Regards,
Flynn

Klaus

First Post
When I get my Saga book, I'll run a game in a Legacy setting, with the PCs being a squad of Imperial agents working against the Sith on behalf of the true emperor, Roan Fel.

Yes, there'll be at least one Imperial Knight.

As for Cade Skywalker, he's been so good at hiding himself through all the comics that it's really easy not to feature him or any of the comic book characters.

possum

First Post
GMing a Tales of the Jedi campaign set in 4,002 BBY
Playing in a Rebellion era game set around 1 ABY
Playing in a Legacy era game set in 130 ABY.

LostSoul

Adventurer
I didn't know what Legacy was.

I like the Rebellion, but I can see the Rise of the Empire era being cool too. I'm going to play during that era next week.

Hammerhead said:
The problem with the "official" settings (Rebellion, New Republic, etc.) is that you're generally going to be playing second fiddle to the established heroes.

Kinda like how, when you were watching Casablanca, you were wondering why you cared about those characters who were obviously playing second fiddle to Churchill and Montgomery.

LostSoul said:
Kinda like how, when you were watching Casablanca, you were wondering why you cared about those characters who were obviously playing second fiddle to Churchill and Montgomery.

Even they knew they didn't amount to a hill of beans. :p

If I were to run another SW game, I'd throw out everything that wasn't in the 6 movies and the Clone Wars shorts. The rest I've read is mediocre to yuck, and the people I'd be gaming with have read little to none of it. Bits and pieces from KOTOR might be acceptable, too, and some of the Corporate Sector fluff from the old Brian Daley novels. I always thought the remnants of the Trade Federation forming their own sector the Empire didn't think worth stamping out was a good tie-in to the CS stuff.

We're doing a Knights of the Old Republic game, set just before the Mandalorians began attacking Republic worlds. I've warned my players the history of the period is fragmentary and some of the official history might be a little mistaken...

Last summer/fall I ran a Legacy game that was a lot of fun.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
I've got no idea what Legacy is (past the hints in this thread).

My Star Wars campaign will be a 'rise of empire' kind of thing - set in the 20 years between Ep III and Ep IV, so we can have Jedi's and others fighting a rearguard action against the growing empire.

Remove ads