• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate Altantis Season 3 *Discussion Thread* 8/25

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
COMMON GROUND
307.jpg

EPISODE NUMBER - 307
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.25.06
WRITTEN BY - Ken Cuperus

Cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Jason Momoa, Mitch Pileggi.

GUEST STARRING - Robert Davi (Acastus Kolya)

Colonel Sheppard finds himself the prisoner of a Genii commander, along with a Wraith who has been separated from his hive.​

Ah...a old foe returns. Damn the lucky cat tails.

Tuzenbach

First Post
I'm not quite sure about this. They've effectively reduced the "fear factor" of the Wraith by enabling their life-drain to be reversible.

Was this a mistake?

Wycen

Explorer
Yeah, don't know what I think about that youth restoration. This may be one of those zat 1-2-3 times things they never mention again, depending on how long the series lasts.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
DMH said:
I think it makes them worse- how many people would be willing to be a slave to have an extended lifespan?

Exactly, note how he said its reserved for their most devote followers, aka willing slaves.

We clearly know that Wraith are as diverse as humans in their personalities and temperments.
The show is clearly trying to say "If Humans has no choice but to feed on sentient life to survive, would we be any diffrent?"

Sadly i dont think we would.

I'm suprised Sheppard didn't offer him the "cure".

All in all I liked this one.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
And Brothers.
BrooklynKnight said:
Exactly, note how he said its reserved for their most devote followers, aka willing slaves.

We clearly know that Wraith are as diverse as humans in their personalities and temperments.
The show is clearly trying to say "If Humans has no choice but to feed on sentient life to survive, would we be any diffrent?"

Sadly i dont think we would.

I'm suprised Sheppard didn't offer him the "cure".

All in all I liked this one.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
yes, and brothers, but i left that out. Clearly brothers means "themselves" or important warriors who've earned the right...

Shepard fought with the Wraith, saved its life and gave it another chance, clearly he considered him a "Brother" in arms worthy of the gift.

Clearly, we dont know everything about the Wraith afterall and its a nice twist.

Shag

Explorer
I also praise atlantis for showing that they can have multi-episode bad guys that are lower in tech than them, unlike sg-1 which has a spiralling bad guy power level problem G'oulds->Replicators->Ori.

DMH

First Post
BrooklynKnight said:

But that is not what I meant. Obviously the wraith don't advertise this ability otherwise Ronon and Talia would know of it. If the wraith offered this to people, the number of slaves would increase- and many of them would be of the manipulative type that can convince others to be food (one way or another).

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Making the Wraith's life drain reversable was a good twist, also not killing the bad guy.

Has it been estblished the wraith have to feed on humans? Can herd animals be used as a food source?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads