• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate Altantis Season 3 *Discussion Thread* 8/18

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
THE REAL WORLD
306_header.jpg

EPISODE NUMBER - 306
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 08.18.06
WRITTEN BY - Carl Binder
DIRECTED BY - Paul Ziller

Cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Jason Momoa, Mitch Pileggi.

GUEST STARRING - Richard Dean Anderson (General Jack O'Neill), Alan Ruck (Dr. Fletcher)

Elizabeth Weir wakes up in a mental institution, where she is told that the expedition to Atlantis and the Stargate are figments of her imagination.​

Looks like another personalize esp...on the Dr.Weir, this time.

Last edited:

LrdApoc

"Insert Title here"
Shouldn't that read:

"Buffy wakes up in the hospital where she discovers that she's not the slayer and all her adventures in Sunnydale are figments of her delusion."

PhoenixDarkDirk

First Post
There was also a similar episode of The 4400, but it had no hospital.

My sister was pretty surprised because she's only seen Alan Ruck in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

evildmguy

Explorer
My wife and I thought about Buffy as well, but I think a lot of scifi shows have done this.

I liked it. I thought it would be "eh" as well but I liked how it flowed from the previous episode. I liked that it was the replicators. And I liked it was a battle of wills as much as a physical one.

I think the show is setting up something with them, either as the next bad or a way to defeat the wraith, and I like them introducing them early. Just my two coppers, though.

Have a good one! Take care!

edg

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Well, they managed to work the "super-fast, bobbley-multiple-heads" and "pushing the face through the thin rubber wall" effects into the episode. :)

Iku Rex

Explorer
Farscape did something similar in "A Human Reaction" and "Won't Get Fooled Again".

Didn't like it in Farscape, didn't like it in SGA. :\

Wycen

Explorer
Somehow in both airings I guess I missed when/how/why they encounter the nanites. Or maybe I missed the nanites because that episode played while I was at Gencon?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Wycen said:
Somehow in both airings I guess I missed when/how/why they encounter the nanites. Or maybe I missed the nanites because that episode played while I was at Gencon?

Yup. Last week's show had a pseudo-replicator thing going on.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads