• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate Altantis Season 3 *Discussion Thread* 9/15

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
309.jpg

PHANTOMS

EPISODE NUMBER - 309
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.15.06
DIRECTED BY - Martin Wood

Cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Jason Momoa, Mitch Pileggi.

Sheppard and Ronon are influenced by a mind-altering device created by the Wraith while on a mission to rescue a lost team.​

No guest stars?? Vacation?

Brakkart

First Post
Minor point, but for every one of these threads thus far this season, you've spelt Atlantis as Altantis in the thread title. Just thought I'd point that out.

Wycen

Explorer
I liked the episode, but one thing bothered me. If they sent a UAV to investigate, why not send a jumper through the gate?

satori01

First Post
I was not too crazy about this episode, felt like an Episode in Lost...this week on Lost we see Shepards back story...wait who the hell is Shepard, there is no Shepard on Fantasy Island....

Shows like this, team falls into a trap show, work when a series is just starting, when a show is still trying to establish it's Tropes. Atlantis as part of a series that has a 10 year history, does not really need to do episodes like this, we have seen this done a billion times on SG-1, Star Trek, Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Voyager, Star Trek DS-Rip off Babylon 5, and probably on that Star Trek show which I could never get past the opening, awful theme music.

Been there, seen this, Next please!

DMH

First Post
satori01 said:
Star Trek DS-Rip off Babylon 5

B5's pilot was on a year before DS9 was put on the air.

As for your main point- does it have to be about the wraith and Genii all the time?

Remove ads