• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate Altantis Season 3 *Discussion Thread* 9/22

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
THE RETURN, PART 1
EPISODE NUMBER - 310
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.22.06
WRITTEN BY - Martin Gero

GUEST STARRING - Richard Dean Anderson (Jack O'Neill), Robert Picardo (Richard Woolsey)

Cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Jason Momoa, Mitch Pileggi.

An Ancient ship makes its way back to Atlantis, and they show Weir and her team some new things around Atlantis. The Ancients tell the story of their lives. O'Neill and Woolsey are in attendance. The team comes back to the S.G.C. Major General Jack O'Neill is summoned to Atlantis to deal with the new threat from the Asurans, the ancient relatives of the human-form Replicators. But when the Asurans invade Atlantis itself, no one is safe.​

Frak happens!!! :]

DM_Matt

First Post
Truth Seeker said:
THE RETURN, PART 1
EPISODE NUMBER - 310
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 09.22.06
WRITTEN BY - Martin Gero

GUEST STARRING - Richard Dean Anderson (Jack O'Neill), Robert Picardo (Richard Woolsey)

Cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Jason Momoa, Mitch Pileggi.

An Ancient ship makes its way back to Atlantis, and they show Weir and her team some new things around Atlantis. The Ancients tell the story of their lives. O'Neill and Woolsey are in attendance. The team comes back to the S.G.C. Major General Jack O'Neill is summoned to Atlantis to deal with the new threat from the Asurans, the ancient relatives of the human-form Replicators. But when the Asurans invade Atlantis itself, no one is safe.​

Frak happens!!! :]

Great pair of eps, but why is it that pretty much everyone more powerful than earth is either evil or hubristically stupid.

Every time a more powerful good guy is found, they either let the bad guys run wild because they refuse to do anything/work well with others for stupid reasons (Nox, Ascended Ancients, Sometimes Asgard, Usually Tok'ra), get destroyed for being stupid (Lantians, both the first time they lost to the Wraith, and now), or both (FJN, Tollen).

Wycen

Explorer
We'll find out in how long if the Ancients are all dead? Or if the ancient warship was captured or destroyed?

One thing I really liked was finding out they are building a space station. It's about dang time. I wonder, will the next Stargate series be: Stargate, The Space Station?

BrooklynKnight

First Post
But their space station is in the middle of the intergalactic void. Not much to do there but ...uh study the universe?

I really wish we'd see SOME expansion of Earthen Humanity to other planets. I'd also like to see actual expansion of SG technology to the world. Like Naqueda power generation.

SOMETHING. Unfortunatly all that stuff is beyond the scope of the show :p.

BrooklynKnight said:
But their space station is in the middle of the intergalactic void. Not much to do there but ...uh study the universe?

I really wish we'd see SOME expansion of Earthen Humanity to other planets. I'd also like to see actual expansion of SG technology to the world. Like Naqueda power generation.

SOMETHING. Unfortunatly all that stuff is beyond the scope of the show :p.
Though actually, it isn't so much out of the scope of the show. They basically have already established that they are in an alternate Universe, since they showed the American President which was none of the presidents found in the real world. SO there is no real need to maintain the illusion that this could be our Earth where this is all happening...

Maybe it would be a good idea to finally reveal the truth to the world. This might actually be a good and interesting storytelling concept - instead of showing us a world where aliens and extraterrestrial exploration (Stargate) is a dark secret or where it already common knowledge (Startrek, Babylon 5, Battlestar Galactica) and pretty much standard part, show us a world of transition between the two periods. This might be hard to pull off and would probably be pretty distinct from what has been done so far with the shows (which makes it unlikely to ever happen), but it is definitely a concept worth to be tried out...

Tuzenbach

First Post
I think the worst part of this episode was what was left out. Namely, "Gee, now that we're working with the Ancients, they can show us how to build our own ZPMs!"

Tuzenbach said:
I think the worst part of this episode was what was left out. Namely, "Gee, now that we're working with the Ancients, they can show us how to build our own ZPMs!"
Well, they aren't really working "with the Ancients". If they were, they would have stayed in Atlantis. I think that their hopes for learning how to create ZMPs where shattered the moment the Ancients took the city from them and send them home to Earth.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads