• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stargate Altantis Season 3 *Discussion Thread*

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
IRRESISTIBLE

303.jpg

EPISODE NUMBER - 303
ORIGINAL U.S. AIR DATE - 07.28.06
TELEPLAY BY - Carl Binder
DIRECTED BY - Martin Wood

Cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Rainbow Sun Francks, David Hewlett, Rachel Luttrell, Paul McGillion, Jason Momoa, Mitch Pileggi, Richard Kind.

GUEST STARRING - Richard Kind (Lucius Lavin), David Nykl (Zelenka)

Sheppard's team meets an obnoxious man who is adored by all thanks to a secret that he carries -- and who has an unexpected affect on them.​

Hmmm, not a woman, that's interesting.

Kesh

First Post
A fairly cliched episode, but I enjoyed the acting. The whole cast was creepy as can be in their adoration. :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Did not see the end of it due to storms knocking out power but all I could think about was that Richard Kind was sooooo Mudd (Star Trek)!

Brown Jenkin

First Post
BelenUmeria said:
This episode looked so stupid from the previews that I refused to watch it.
I was pretty much able to guess the entire plot from the previews so you didn't miss much. This was about as much of a filler episode as you could get. They did introduce one arc based plot point that might come up later (Not really a spoiler at all). It seems they are now trying to collect gates from uninhabited worlds to spread between the pegasus galaxy and the milky way so that they can jumper between Earth and Atlantis in about 30 minutes without using a zpm. This had nothing much to do with the plot of this episode but it does seem like something that will come up throughout the season as plot hooks for exploration are needed and will likely be key to some episode at the end of the season.

Shag

Explorer
Yeah, I kinda wish they had gone a bit of a different direction with this one, why does everyone have to end up being an adversary?
Though I really liked Richard Kind's performance I was getting a bit of a Harry Mudd vibe off him the whole time.
Did anyone else think "Did I miss something?" when they just start talking about the whole stargate hoppin' galaxies plan as if it had already been talked about before?

Abe.ebA

First Post
Shag said:
Did anyone else think "Did I miss something?" when they just start talking about the whole stargate hoppin' galaxies plan as if it had already been talked about before?

It threw me for a second but I just assumed it was something introduced during this season's SG-1. I started watching SG-1 near the end of season 2 of Atlantis, but I started by buying season 1 and starting at episode 1. I'm currently about 1/3rd of the way through season 3 and am avoiding spoilers by not watching any of the newer episodes. Kinda bites since they seem to be heading for a higher integration of the two shows...

I was kind of meh on this episode. It was amusing, fun to watch, and I don't regret the time spent on watching it but if offered the choice between watching this and nearly any other episode of Atlantis a second time I'd probably go with the other one. I do have to admit that bit with John and Rodeny discussing the old Batman series was one of the better pieces of throw-away scripting on the show. But then I enjoy it every time a show I enjoy references something relatively obscure that I recognize.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I was actually happy they finally gave us the kind of plot that returns to the basic premise of the show - exploring new worlds, encountering new cultures, resolving a conflict within a self-contained episode.

It wasn't the best example of that template, but I prefer that template to the more recent necessity that every episode connect to every other episode.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Richard Kind is awesome, and I miss Spin City.

The gate network thing was a medias res thing. They had never discussed it in an episode before, so that's why they went through the whole explaination thing.

I liked the episode. It was funny and not complicated. It was a nice, simple, episode. It needs a few of those a season.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Eh I'm still waiting for the mid season two parter to really get into this season. Mostly because now the threat of the Wraith was mitigated by them using the supergate against BOTH of them.

Remove ads