[Stars Without Number] Hard Light OOC

Zerith

First Post
eeeeek! you're -2 in stats overall! any ways, GM's prerogative to let someone with a negative stat mod re roll :3
Now lets see what I roll >:D

Addon: hmm, even though it's my int that hit 9, I can use the option to replace one of my main stats with a 14, so...
my techie character ends up with:

10 Str
14 Int
14 Wis
10 Dex
10 Con
12 Cha

that seem alright mark?

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
So, as a warrior I'll replace the Dex with a 14. Not a bad set :)

Jase McMoon, human warrior 1, hp 5
AC 4 (body armor) or AC 8 (no armor)
attacks:
stun baton +2, 1d8 nonlethal (costs 1/40 A cell) or
monoblade +2, 1d8+1 or
laser rifle +3 ranged, 1d10 (costs 1/20 A cell) or
laser rifle burst +5 ranged, 1d10+2 (costs 3/20 A cell)

str: 16
int: 16
wis: 14
dex: 14
con: 16
cha: 11

class ability: Veteran’s Luck
Once during each combat the warrior can completely negate a successful attack roll against him. The warrior may choose to wait until after damage is rolled to use this ability. Th is ability does not function against environmental hazards or other non-combat dangers, and it does not apply to hits against a vehicle the warrior is piloting or riding.

background package: Soldier
Skills: Combat/Projectile, Combat/Unarmed, Culture/World, Tactics
warrior training package: Space Marine
Skills: Combat/Energy Weapon, Combat/Primitive, Culture/Spacer, Exosuit, Tactics, Tech/Astronautics

skills: Combat/Energy Weapon +0, Combat/Primitive +0, Combat/Projectile +0, Combat/Unarmed +0, Exosuit+0, Culture/Spacer +0, Culture/World +0, Tactics +1, Tech/Astronautics +0

starting equipment: 900 credits
woven body armor, 400 cr, AC 5 (4 w/dex)
monoblade, 1d8+1 damage, range 6/9, 50 cr
stun baton, 1d8 damage (nonlethal; 40 hits/power cell type A), 50 cr
laser rifle (+1 bonus to hit, 1d10 damage, can use burst for +2 to hit and damage; costs 3 shots)
(range 300/500, 20 shots/A cell), 300 cr
power cells (5 x A), 100 cr

Last edited:

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
eeeeek! you're -2 in stats overall! any ways, GM's prerogative to let someone with a negative stat mod re roll

that seem alright mark?

Looks good to me, Zerith.
[MENTION=33]DarwinofMind[/MENTION]: If you want to roll again, that's fine with me. :)

Zerith

First Post
Alright ^_^
Question though, do we get a level of skill points off the bat(at level 1) or do we have to wait till level 2?:hmm:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Now, with my prime replacement CON goes to 14, so that makes me a +0 instead of a -2

Still think I should reroll?

Zerith

First Post
here is the rub; you're character has very average stats, exept for con/str, luckily you can replace the con with a 14, but you can still reroll

Pro: you could get much better stats
Con: While your bas stats are not good, the under average str dos not hurt you, much, and they arn't working agesnt you otherwise. if you do reroll you might end up regretting it (you could get both prim stats at 13 and then everything else at 7 or lower, for example or otherwise just get a bad blend of stats)

Your call though, your character is not well built, so to say, but is other wise above the human average in general and could work out well for you
___

Mark, if I went Technician Scientist could I start out with Tech/Postech and Tech/Pretech at 1 or should I pick Engine Crew so I can get Tech/Postech to 1? I don't know if it's the back ground packages or expert training packages that don't allow 'tech any' to be picked for something the other covers:blush:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Yeah I'm gonna keep it...

It's not that bad, and as you said, it could always get worse.

I random rolled her up a random homeworld, lets just say, it's not a good one, so she's had a hard life already don't wanna make her stats worse.

Zerith

First Post
alright, reread so here is the character's starting skills

Technician/Scientist
Bureaucracy 0, Culture/World 0, Culture/Spacer 0, Exosuit 0, Perception 0, Science 0, Tech/Postech 1, Tech/Pretech 1, Tech/Screem 0, Vehicle/Space 0.

Remove ads