[Stars Without Number] Hard Light OOC

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Links for rogues gallery. I added game links to the OP of this thread.

Added three player-created homeworlds to the RG thread. [MENTION=99953]Zerith[/MENTION]: Would you like to flesh out the homeworld you started on?

Last edited:

Zerith

First Post
been workin' graveyard!
now I has classes to keep me waky waky! I is teh hoolaloop! loopy, yes, very, making char bio when able, bye bye now ^_^;

Earth, Orion Prim XI

Not much larger then Pluto, Orion prim XI, it stands as the only caesural body around its star, and a marvel of pretech engineering, a marvel that requires constant maintenance around the clock.

Originally no more than a collection of asteroids orbiting around an isolated star, it was chosen as a test bed for terraforming, the goal was highly impractical, creating a entirely inhabitable world from mere asteroids. An entirely inhabitable world that would make an ideal agricultural planet. The resolute was a resounding success, costly, surly, but a success none the less.

At its Zenith, Orion Prim XI was a highly productive agricultural plane that had a diminutive industrial base; just enough for it to sustain itself, pervaded it could obtain enough raw materials, generally accomplished by asteroid mining by spike drive ships; but it had a perpetual storage of physics. Then after the scream, the planet was unable to maintain itself in full, and was utterly isolated.

The regression was not as crippling as on other worlds, but crippling all the same, the parts needed to maintain the world’s atmosphere and environment could no longer be produced, and the during the fallowing chaos, the storehouses would most definitely not hold until alternative production means could be devised, and the only solution was a fighting one; the gateway would have to be canalized for parts, a slow and begrudging processes that has lasted for centuries in times of great need.

Since then the planetary government has slowly gained power under the flag of necessity, until it cam come to the point it's at now, where there are no rights, only privileges granted by the state.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Got sidelined by a head cold and then had minimal Interwebz over the three-day weekend. Added Zerith's world the RG. Everyone who did me a planet gets +100 XP. Game should start tomorrow evening.

Songdragon

Explorer
Heya Mark, I asked in one of my posts of character building, but it looks like it was missed.

Would it be alright to start with max hit points at 1st level? Healing seems rather tough... someone with the skill, rest, or bio-psionics. Might be good to start out with more than a 2...;)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Mea culpa on not noticing that question. I'd rather give it a try with the rules as written. The scenario I'm using isn't necessarily combat heavy. I think it'll work. If it turns out I'm wrong, we could adjust on-the-fly. That sound good?

Remove ads