• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Starship Troopers?

Jack of Shadows

First Post
C. Baize said:
So... gear and critters (one would assume) would be pretty easy to port to D20 Modern / Future?

I may have to give it a more serious thought...
I just don't know... I'm always a bit leery getting a RPG version of a franchise I like a LOT.
While I did enjoy Armageddon 2089, I keep hearing good and bad.... hit and miss.
I'll probably end up getting it, eventually... depending on what I hear, I suppose.

Gear and critters should be no problem.

If you really liked A:2089 (which I enjoyed also) SST may leave you feeling a little flat. I picked it up mostly just to see how someone else would do a military power armor setting because I'm tinkering with a homebrew in the same vein.

Jack

danbuter

First Post
I flipped through the book. It looks pretty cool. Didn't really check the numbers, etc. Anyone actually get a chance to sit down with it yet? I'm strongly considering purchasing it, but want to hear more first.

I just discovered today that Irene Bedard, the voice actress for Pocahontas, was also a V.A. for one of the animated Starship Troopers characters.

Just thought I'd mention that.

Raptor

First Post
From what I have seen of the book I have really enjoyed it. The only things I have issues with is the artwork. It reminded me of something a bunch of 10 year old boys would do. I also would have liked it if they statted out the starships.

Turanil

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
First hit points are a lot less. Generally you only get a point or two per level rather than a die roll. I also don't think you get your CON bonus each level either.
Reading this, I believe this game uses the same modified d20 rules that are used in Babylon 5 (also by Moongoose). As such, I think it is safe to assume this game is incompatible with d20 M/F, but is compatible with B5.

valberto

First Post
Well, to be honest with all of you, Starship Troopers is one of my favorite books ever. The first movie was all right, but the secound was a piece of crap. Here in Brasil, we made a few adaptations ourselves to play this Sci-Fi game. We use basically two books to play it: d20 weapons locker and d20 mecha.

Remove ads