• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sterling Vermin presents the Beastfolk, a new race for all your animal people needs!

coolgamertagbro

First Post
A catch all for all kinds of animal / people hybrids, the Beastfolk are a race of outsiders whose connection to the natural world is not by choice. Whether born or cursed to their bestial shape, Beastfolk are a diverse lot representing the myriad forms of fauna on their world. With a toolkit approach to representing the broad spectrum of animal life, the Beastfolk were made to let you play any type of animal person you want!

Unleash your beast!

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
LOVE the presentation! The art and layout are fantastic!

Rules are pretty good too. I'd change the ability score bonuses to be more restrictive: +2 to ANY ability score and +1 to any other is more flexibility than most PHB races get. The Big List O'Traits is nice but you might also want to have some pre-canned examples (birdfolk, bearfolk, catfolk, etc.) that show which two traits you should pick to produce the animal you want. Also I find the universal resistance to charm effects to be weird and out-of-place; something like universal Animal Handling or universal resistance to environmental hazards would be better. BUT it seems balanced enough that I would allow it in my campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads