• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stonefist Academy - 3.5 D&D - OOC - Recruiting Closed

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Hey guys. Do you still have room for another player? I noticed you mentioned that you had 1 slot open still.

I think I can run this with 7 characters. Then I won't have to scale down the adventures, as they are pretty harsh at times. When I say harsh, I mean CR levels are higher than normal.

Go ahead and roll up a character and see what you can come up with. Please note the restrictions on books/etc. If you have any questions, let me know!

jackslate45

First Post
jackslate45 - Is the character keen on destroying undead versus merely making them flee? Also, do you see yourself as utilizing/empowering that aspect of the clerical abilities? What's your forte as a character that you want to build upon?
Almost all of the abilities of the Ordained Champion require a use of a turning attempt to activate, but the two I see using the most are Smite(level 2, similar to smite of paladin) and Holy Warrior (level 5, use WIS mod instead of STR). At level 9, he would have 6 turn attempts a day (3 base plus 3 CHA, after level 8), almost all being used on those abilities. While that won't stop me using turn undead as it was intended, by far he will use those from Ordained Champion.

As for for destroying vs Fleeing, I would say destroy. His background assumes this, as the first time he uses it was in defense of his family from zombies. He was then recited into the church from there.

Sphyh

First Post
hola ahayford! welcome! unlucky rolls but maybe FtF may show some mercy lol

if you look in the RG you will see we have a pretty well rounded party.
Lune, Male Human Cleric (jackslate45)
Silvas, Male Elf Ranger (Sphyh)
Miranda, Female Human Sorcerer (Graybeard)
Ararion, Male Elf Rogue (Dragonwriter)
Olek, Male Dwarf Fighter (Axel)
DW just decided on a bard/warlock to be the 6th character.

I know I am emphasizing my ranger into range combat and then darkwood stalker which makes him a sneaky archer.
it seems that our cleric will be a good tank with an emphasis in destroying undead? is that pretty accurate?

I am not totally sure where the others are going with their characters. all this to say that you have some freedom to be whatever and even a bit unconventional.

I wouldnt mind another meatshield in front my archer ranger but thats just me ;). I personally think a pali would add to the tank aspect of the party and would help to alleviate some of the healing that the cleric will be doing. 7 people are a lot to heal, especially in combat. but thats just my opinion. have fun with your character concept! looking forward to seeing the last member of the party :)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
welcome! unlucky rolls but maybe FtF may show some mercy lol

If that was the case, then I would have to give mercy to everyone. I am not totally without a heart though. I was thinking of allowing a different alternative to stat rolls. 2d6+6 rolled six times, then place them where you want. That guarantees at least a minimum of 8 on each stat.

Axel

First Post
I'm going to have Olek take level 2 as a Paladin of Moradin, just so he can Smite you...

Then again he has a Cha of 7, y'all can just ignore him as the ignorant, rascist/speciesist and pig headed Dwarf. Just like having an actual Paladin in a party. :)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Oh. My. Lanta.

I completely forgot about the Master of Masks PrC from Complete Scoundrel.

That's what I'm working towards.

I'm afraid that puts me out of meat-shield contention as I'll need that 14 Int (11 Str) for more skills and languages.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Ararion, Male Elf Rogue (Dragonwriter)
<snip>
DW just decided on a bard/warlock to be the 6th character.

Might want to double-check what you posted, Sphyh. I don't intend to run two characters in this game. ;)

I (probably) wouldn't mind a change to the stat generation... I didn't end up too bad with it, after all, with an 18 roll and then 20 in DEX.
Plus I've already got my sheet all finished and I absolutely loathe messing with that particular sheet format. :rant:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I'm going to have Olek take level 2 as a Paladin of Moradin, just so he can Smite you...

Then again he has a Cha of 7, y'all can just ignore him as the ignorant, rascist/speciesist and pig headed Dwarf. Just like having an actual Paladin in a party. :)
Or, OR, you could actually BE a Paladin of Moradin... and make [MENTION=34997]Sphyh[/MENTION] happy.

Remove ads