• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Stonefist Academy - 3.5 D&D - OOC - Recruiting Closed

jackslate45

First Post
Ah Summoners. I love them.

But as others pointed out, play whatever you want to. At level 3 Lune gets touch of healing, which sort of helps on the healing end. Also, CLW are still a parties friend.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Also, am I cool to reroll stats as described above or should I stick with what I have.

Keep the rolls as they are, as I think it should not be much of an issue. I will simply have to alter a few things to get you a little more help via the tattoo. I am sure the others won't mind if it allows you to get on a more even playing field if it's possible.

Either way, you will still have to play your stats in game. Should bring some interesting dynamic to the group.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Summoners. The DM's worst nightmare... er, next to 2ed illusions.

We have all the bases covered, as others have said. Shyfthfl or whatver his name is was hoping for some fleshy barriers for his ranger from which to shoot behind. (that's an awkward sentence, I know). We have a Fighter who fights and a Cleric who wears good armor; the rest of us are relatively squishy support.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Note, the first 'job' should be a short one, to get your teamwork tactics setup. This will be to see how you work together as a group, find out where you are lacking in certain areas, and to see how easy/hard the CR levels compared to the group content will be. Then you will all level up to level 2.

The second 'job' will be a longer one, with three modules. Once each module milestone is hit, then you will gain a level. By the end of your first two 'jobs', you will all be level 5.

Note - there will be large scale battles, small skirmishes, and seemingly hopeless encounters. Know that this should be played in survival mode. You don't always have to kill everything that comes your way. Know when to run, or be prepared to roll up another character, as death is possible. This is only on a few occasions, but I felt that it was best to warn you all now.

That is the main reason for the increase in characters to be played. I hope you enjoy the campaign!

Axel

First Post
Sounds like a good plan FtF, I look forward to it. And, should my character perish in glorious level 1 combat (probably in a flurry of misses on my part) I will not be miffed. :)

[MENTION=36150]Herobizkit[/MENTION]: Summoners in PbP seem to work better than in a TT game. There is no searching for the relevant Monster Manual, frantic copying of stats to scrap paper and rummaging for (in)appropriate mini to represent the summoned creature. 15 minutes later, it is the next initiative round when they summon another irritant...

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Note - there will be large scale battles, small skirmishes, and seemingly hopeless encounters. Know that this should be played in survival mode. You don't always have to kill everything that comes your way. Know when to run, or be prepared to roll up another character, as death is possible. This is only on a few occasions, but I felt that it was best to warn you all now.

That is the main reason for the increase in characters to be played. I hope you enjoy the campaign!
I fully endorse the leveling speed! It will seem like a breeze and we'll be playing decent characters in no time. Question tho...

This whole 'death' thing. I admit, I've been spoiled the past decade or so; when I make a character, I invest a lot of time and effort coming up with decent back story, plot ideas, and sometimes even research. I've become a huge fan of the story-based game, which usually means death is rare.

I've lost a few characters to PBP, not through death, but through lack of follow-through on the game from all involved. It irks me to spend time on the back story only to poof out of existence, and this will likely include death.

To that end, running was never an option in said games. Running meant free time for the enemy to kill you while running, and if you were going to die running, you might as well die fighting instead.

That said, I'm sure we will all work together to make sure that doesn't happen. ;)

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
RED are edits. Notes listed as well. Only listing lines that need changing... Please note, spells are updated with links to their online reference. Easy for me to see full description with one click.

[sblock=Daelyn Ildinia]
[sblock=Abilities]STR: 6 (-2)
DEX: 12 (+1)
CON: 10 (+0)
INT: 16 (+3)
WIS: 11 (+0)
CHA: 14 (+2)
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combat]
Grapple: -2 +0 (BAB) -2 (STR)[/sblock]
[sblock=Skills]
ACP: 0
Skills: Please list like this example, as I nee the ranks and modifiers listed, and I added a +2 bonus for a feat simply as an example:
Bluff +6 (2 Ranks, +2 CHA, +2 Feat)

Bluff - CHA - 4
Concentation - CON - 4
Decipher Script - INT - 7
Knowledge Arcana - INT - 7
Knowledge Planes - INT - 7
Spellcraft - INT - 7
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spellbook][sblock=Level0][sblock=Abjuration]Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.[/sblock]
[sblock=Conjuration]Acid Splash: Orb deals 1d3 acid damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Divination]Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small
object.
Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.[/sblock]
[sblock=Evocation]Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
Flare: Dazzles one creature (–1 on attack rolls).
Light: Object shines like a torch.
Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.[/sblock]
[sblock=Necromancy]Disrupt Undead: Deals 1d6 damage to one undead.
Touch of Fatigue: Touch attack fatigues target.[/sblock]
[sblock=Transmutation]Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.
Repair Minor Damage: Repairs 1 point of damage to any construct.[/sblock]
[sblock=Universal]Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune (visible or invisible).
Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.[/sblock][/sblock]
[sblock=Level1][sblock=Conjuration]Grease: Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery.
Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
Mount: Summons riding horse for 2 hours/level.
Summon Monster I: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
Orb of Fire, Lesser: Ranged touch attack deals 1d8 fire damage + 1d8/two levels beyond 1st (max 5d8).[/sblock]
[sblock=Evocation]Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Equipment] (No code needed, just list items with cost and weight in same line)
Equipment, Cost, Weight
Spellbook, 25gp, 3 lbs
Map Case, 1gp, 0.5 lbs
Lantern (type)?
Bedroll, 1sp, 5 lbs
Backpack, 2gp, 2 lbs
Flint and Steel, 1gp
Ink, 8gp
Inkpen, 1sp
10x candles, 1sp
Spell Component Pouch, 5gp, 2lbs
3x Parchment, 6sp
Waterskin, 1gp, 4 lbs
1 Week trail rations, 3.5gp, 7 lbs

Wizards at max gold get 120gp. You have spent 47gp and 4 sp so far, without adding in the cost of the lantern, as it is not specified what kind of lantern. Plenty to spend, if you want, or save up. Edit the Lantern cost/weight as well. You also get one free set of clothes. Free as in no cost and no weight.

Treasure: 72 gp, 6sp, 0cp Gems:
Total weight carried: 23.5 lbs (Without lantern)
Light Load: 20 lbs
Medium Load: 40 lbs
Heavy Load: 60 lbs
[/sblock][/sblock]

Sphyh

First Post
To that end, running was never an option in said games. Running meant free time for the enemy to kill you while running, and if you were going to die running, you might as well die fighting instead.

You dont have to outrun the baddies just the slowest person :devil:

Note, the first 'job' should be a short one, to get your teamwork tactics setup. This will be to see how you work together as a group, find out where you are lacking in certain areas, and to see how easy/hard the CR levels compared to the group content will be. Then you will all level up to level 2.

The second 'job' will be a longer one, with three modules. Once each module milestone is hit, then you will gain a level. By the end of your first two 'jobs', you will all be level 5.

this sounds awesome to me! I am really looking forward to it :)

Remove ads