• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. I [IC]

James Heard

Explorer
" I have a feeling that whatever these 'witches' intended to occur in that protection circle has gone horribly awry."

Janis looks to the bear and back to the ladder.

" I don't suppose anyone has any suggestions on how to rouse our foes from their hiding place and have them come out to face us here? I don't like the idea of a battle starting while any of us are on that ladder...and I like the idea of dropping rocks on witches as they climb it very much."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Daellin examines the hole a moment. "I do not hear anything moving." He half shrugs, letting the others determine what that means.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
"Well... I could do the old 'hide and seek'... go on down, sneak around and look for anyone or anything down there... and try and get them to follow me back to the ladder. I might also be able to find another way in or a backdoor somewhere perhaps. That way our furry friend here doesn't have to gain opposable thumbs in the next five minutes."

Jarrith looks down the hole then at the others in the group to see if Tessa, Periwmple or Ashlyn have any other opinions on the matter.

Stormwind

First Post
Ashlyn frowns, I don't much like the idea of you alone down there without support ... besides, unless you can see in the dark you will need that light of yours which will make sneaking around somewhat difficult. I would suggest that those of us that can, go down and the rest stay up here on guard.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Jarrith sits down onto the edge of the hole and puts his feet onto the ladder. He leans back on his hands, then starts sliding forward a bit, putting more and more weight onto his feet... checking to see just how strong this ladder is and if it will hold any weight. If no sounds of wood cracking are heard, he puts his whole body weight onto the ladder, then steps down a few rungs. His body now halfway into the hole, he turns to the others.

"Well, we have ourselves a bit of a dilemma then I think, ladies. Because Ashlyn doesn't want anyone to go down there by themselves, but Janis probably doesn't want to leave her new... friend... behind either."

He pulls the sunrod out and holds it further into the hole to see as far down as he can. "It looks pretty far down, but this shaft is fairly wide. But it looks like the only way we're getting our furry friend down there is one of two ways... either we build a big sling for the bear to lie in and we slowly lower it down on a rope... or someone, or everyone, goes down looking for some tunnel leading to a back door somewhere. Assuming of course there actually is one."

The Stalker turns to Janis and raises his eyebrows. "Your call, Janis. We can try to get your bear down there if you won't leave him up here with Daellin... but no guarantees that it'll actually work. And if it doesn't... you going to come down without him?"

James Heard

Explorer
Janis frowns.

" Let me talk to him."

Janis turns to the bear and mumbles an incantation.

OOC: Speak With Animals

" We're wanting to go down that hole to kill something. You might have difficulty climbing down the man-tree. Is there another way down for you?" Janis growls. It sounds...disturbing.

stonegod

James Heard said:
" We're wanting to go down that hole to kill something. You might have difficulty climbing down the man-tree. Is there another way down for you?" Janis growls. It sounds...disturbing.
The bear cocks its head to the side like an attentive dog---a nine-foot tall bear-dog. After a moment, it makes a series of roars that sound defiant.

<Climbing for weak little bears.> It sniffs the air a moment, and its ears flatten against its head again, its roar a loud half-whine. <No smell of cave-hole, smell of fear. All rock smell of fear.> Apparently, something the bear senses has put it on edge like the other animals. But it does not seem to detect any other entrances nearby.

James Heard

Explorer
" Fear for weak little bears," Janis admonishes, then pauses, considering.

" Live fear? Or food fear? Is there someone else here?" she asks, really putting the wookie to her bear impression.

stonegod

James Heard said:
" Live fear? Or food fear? Is there someone else here?" she asks, really putting the wookie to her bear impression.
The bear's face hangs down, a sign of not being able to please. <Reeks of death fear. All of this stone. Away now, but scent left behind.> The bear is having difficulty expressing an unfamiliar concept.

Remove ads