• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storms of Change OOC Part 4

doghead

thotd
Hey all

Still here, still breathing. I hope to be back online and back IC soon. End of the month if all goes well (and I still have a character :) )

Cheers

thotd

Manzanita

First Post
Ah.... It's sad to see players hemorrhage from such a good game. It makes me feel a little better that I had the same problem with the game I ran.

I'd love to keep moving. Games don't do well on hold. If you could think of some reason to add new players, while allowing the old ones to rejoin if they can, that would be ideal. Re-recruiting does get old for the DM after a while, but it generally does infuse a game with some enthusiasm.

At this point, we don't even know what our next step should be. Manzanita is opposed to exploring the demon caverns without a definite goal in mind. It would be a pity to puncture the defenses....for what? & then have Gorukan forces walk unhindered through the challenges we dismantled.

The party needs to help Shillen. They need to find a powerful item to bring back. Could the staff be such an item? Can you give us the identify results? If so, perhaps Dunathor and Manzanita could return to Shillen, while the others feel compelled to stay and protect the keep from raiders. If not, Manzanita wants to quiz Alba and the rest more about other items that might fit the bill.

Someone

Adventurer
Well, my idea for exploring the tunnels would be finding the demon and cave in all tunnels leading to it, keeping to myself everything we found in the meantime. But it´s going to be difficult to do with just two players (a rogue and a wizard). I had several ideas of how the game could go, but they are in the end like Manzanita´s sugestions: bring more players, or try to move along the game with just two players. I´d like to continue, but I understand you´d be frustrated of how it went lately.

doghead

thotd
Hey all

I just popped in to let you know that I have finally rejoined the ranks of the connected. I should be able to start posting again once I have caught up with the IC thread.

See you there.

thotd

doghead

thotd
Just had a look through the ic thread. We are still on Part 4 aren't we?

Given that there are a number of options at the moment (return to town, stay and explore, perhaps scout out the hobgoblin and gnoll forces even), maybe it would make sense to have the party split up along the lines of who is here (Manzanita, Someone and myself it seems like), and who isn't. I know Sado has been logging in recently, but I haven't seen him in my game. Hopefully he is still around, he hasn't said anything about dropping out.

Returning to the town gives us a chance to re-recruit. But that tends to slow things down, and can be a wbit wearing after the nth time.

I don't know about the rest, but I'm happy to move on with just three characters. Actually, small party games do move a little faster generally. A rogue, a wizard and a monk. Its not too bad, they just need to aviod getting hurt too much.

PS: Silentspace, what did the hobgoblin leader's cloak do? Did we ever find out? Lucan had his eye on that.

silentspace

First Post
If you want to go ahead with doghead, Manzanita, Someone and maybe Sado, that's cool with me.

Actually, Isida is also back, so that could make 5...

The gnolls were wearing non-magical forest camouflage cloaks, which give a +2 circumstance bonus to hide in forest terrain.

The hobgoblin leader had some exceptional armor and weapons on her.

doghead

thotd
A forest camouflage cloak would be good. Lucan will snaffle one of those. And non-magical is good. Magic makes Lucan's nose tickle.

doghead

thotd
Hey Silentspace,

I just wanted to ask if you are planning to keep this game going. Its a good crew. But its been a while since there has been any ic action.

thotd

Remove ads