Storn's art for swipin'!

Storn

Explorer
Ooh, what's this one for?

Melech vs. the Green Dragon is a birthday present for my friend Judd, this incident took place in our 4th Ed game a few weeks ago. I'm going to work it up as a painting sample.

It is nice to do something kinda sweet instead of all the sturm and drang, blood and violence that is part and parcel of rpg adventure illustration. I got a chance to do a druid with red pandas. Not sure if they are her "familiars" or just something she has come across.

I used to live right next to the National zoo in DC. Red Pandas were about 10 minutes walking distance from my apartment. They are awfully cute and heck of a lot more interesting than their bigger holstein cousins.

Anyway, enuff blather from me. Here ya go:

Fawn72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Storn

Explorer
My private commission production is going to slow down quite a bit for the next few weeks due to my workload for Hero 6th Edition. But I will continue to try and get a few here and there out.

This was a different, fun commission, asking for a Red Dragon coming out of Fog/Mist

MistDragon72.jpg

And this was from Death Tribble's "what should storn draw next" thread over on Hero games. I've always had a soft spot for Adam Strange (who is such an ode to Buck Rogers)... and a chance to do Captain Gorilla of the Star Patrol was waay too much fun to do.

CapGorilla72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Storn

Explorer
I did this as a gift for a friend of Millie's. Watercolor. If you have never been to Ithaca, this is a beautiful gorge that one can walk up through from downtown Ithaca to Cornell/ College Town. Great walk, we do it about twice or three times a week.

Cascagorge72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Very nice! I am from Syracuse and used to visit Ithaca often. Though it has been some years I very much recognize this.

neat. glad you recognize it!!!

It's been awhile since I've posted anything. Been really busy with finishing up a ton of fantasy artwork for the upcoming Hero 6th ed. I got the fantasy section, so I was pretty damn stoked.

Starting to work on some painting for Warlord, the CCG, won't be able to show those until they get published. In the meantime, I'm starting to tackle the huge list of commissions I need to get to. Here is a famous moment in an alternate history of WWII with the inclusion of golden age superheroes. You might recognize these guys. They are earlier in the thread when I did each one as a separate pic.

Folks who've been waiting for theirs... I'm getting to them.

PulpJima72.jpg

Lovely job on the gorge! I didn't quite have the scores to get into Cornell (25 years later they'd give me a full scholarship - LOL), but I walked across that and the bridge that the engineering students built. Quite a pleasant surprise to see Storn watercolors.

Also, excellent Hero/Iwo Jima flag raise render. :D

Storn

Explorer
Lovely job on the gorge! I didn't quite have the scores to get into Cornell (25 years later they'd give me a full scholarship - LOL), but I walked across that and the bridge that the engineering students built. Quite a pleasant surprise to see Storn watercolors.

Also, excellent Hero/Iwo Jima flag raise render. :D

awww..thanks.

A couple of superhero/villain commissions. First up, we have another flying, superman type, although this one is supposed to be more like superboy.

MrPerfect72.jpg

And next is Stonefist, a commission from long time friend, GM, RDUNeil for his current Champions chapter that is a Tekken type story. Stonefist is a villain and not well-loved by the PCs from what I have heard.

Stonefist72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
A while back I did a sketch of Judd's pc taking on a green dragon. Well, I finally got off my duff and finished it. Here are some of the interim steps. This was done digitally, mostly in Painter IX, but with a bit of photoshop too.

Getting in the background, noodling a bit with the color of the dragon skin.

MelvsGrinP1.jpg

Got quite a bit of the dragon blocked in.

MelvsGrinP2.jpg

Finishing touches on the dragon..

MelvsGrinP3.jpg

working on the figure...

MelvsGr4.jpg

By the way, I will be at Gencon in this upcoming week. So my production will slow down on private commissions.

Remove ads