Storn's art for swipin'!

Storn

Explorer
I've been on hiatus as I've been dealing with increased workload and some tough times on the home front. Which means Catspaw has just not been getting loaded up.

I just got back from LunaCon, which was a blast, learned a ton. So, I'm reinvigorated on getting back into the saddle on many of my projects.

So, here is the link to the new Catspaw page, uploaded this Weds. morning...

Catspaw

and as an added bonus, here is private supervillain commission...

Megalith72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Generic

Storn

Explorer
A new Catspaw page went up yesterday. Here be the link:

Catspaw

Also, starting on this huge pile of commissions to get through, today, we've got two powersuits and a female mage. So, enjoy. If you have a commission in with me, be patient, I'm working my way through the queue.

Femiron72.jpg

Jeepmecha72.jpg

kiera72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hi Storn, I've enjoyed looking through your art, especially the 7th sea witch with the human flesh glove and the faun/cow shaman. Beautiful work! :)

I'm curious, do you do ink/coloring commissions of existing pencil work?
I'm doing a set of character studies of the different cultures in our campaign setting, but I'm still learning how to do digital coloring.

Storn

Explorer
Hi Storn, I've enjoyed looking through your art, especially the 7th sea witch with the human flesh glove and the faun/cow shaman. Beautiful work! :)

I'm curious, do you do ink/coloring commissions of existing pencil work?
I'm doing a set of character studies of the different cultures in our campaign setting, but I'm still learning how to do digital coloring.

No I don't I just prefer working over my own pencils.

Best way to learn is by doing. I highly suggest getting a wacom tablet if you don't have one. I also highly suggest painting in oil, watercolor or acrylic...because what you learn in real paint relates back to digital...and vice versa...

Another eclectic post today. We've got a goth girl, a somewhat alien powersuit, a super team and my newest incarnation of my d&D 4th ed character, Kendric.

Kendric was kinda fun. New technique (started to use "wet" oil brushes in Painter on a ground, been using oils in Painter before, but the wet ones really work differently (and awesomely)). Kendric was a warrior/fighter, but a recent appearance of an ancient, unknown god (the god of secrets), Kendric swore feality and became an invoker. (I was bored being a fighter... this made sense in the in-game fiction as well as providing new toys for me to play with.)

I really like Kendric as an invoker, but kept a lot of the look from the original pic. Kendric was a cop in The City (never was named in our fiction) and then went on the run. See here:

Kendricsk72.jpg

And now, here is the "transformed by divine fires and a year long search for arcane knowledge" pic... Now, he is kinda cross of a noir private investigator, the Shadow, and your typical fantasy ranger look (I think it is the hat). Also my take on the Sunleaf Armor (hide). Off beat, but fits the character I think really well....

KenInvoke72.jpg

And onto the other folks commissions... nuff talk about my character... Alien-guvyer inspired power armor...

Plasmid72.jpg

The goth girl is for Death Tribble, not really sure of her power/skill set. The info given to me was ambiguous in that sense.

Gothgirl72.jpg

And havent done a super villain team in a long time. The fun thing was this was a team of folks I've drawn in the past, so I got to revisit them. I think some where actually heroes, but the patron liked them as his premiere villain team and ta-da, here we are!!!

OoT72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Okay, still trying to work my way through a bunch of commissions. Here is one, an aura-tyger burning bright type character.

Tiger72.jpg

And this is from my saturday night 4th ed d&d game, being C's new elf wild chylde ranger archer. I really like this doodle.

Neaya72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
I don't often do an entire team together... but lately, I got a chance to do a villain team. The upcoming characters are all heroes of a Golden Age superhero team. Not only do I get to do them as their individual character shots... I get to do them in a group shop with a very strong theme (which I will not talk about).

The single figure shots have been done for a few days, but was waiting for the patron to game with his group to show them off. That happened... now I can show them.

Sometimes, you just get in a groove. And I think I did get into a groove with this group. I'm going to show you three today. Three tomorrow.

Here they are, Raven (I think this is about the 5th guy I've drawn called the Raven. Popular moniker that!)

Raven72-1.jpg

I really liked this concept, the Crimson Palm. Just so 30s-40s pulpy comic adventurer sounding...

CrimsonPalm72.jpg

And Tarot, we worked in a few Tarot elements for this one...

Tarot72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
And here are the next three that I promised.

We've got Doc Rocket!

DocRocket72.jpg

Guardian Angel with his "divine wings"

GAngel72.jpg

And Justice

Justice72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
More superhero/villain pics from various commissions.

First up we have a female master of all 4 elements...

Elemental72.jpg

Then brief I got on this one was one spike per hand wolverine clone (except with blond hair, trim close to skull) and an alternate form that was similar to Colossus.

Evan72.jpg

Next, we get a mentalist for Death Tribble. Wanted a strong pose, but no hands up to forehead ala Prof X.

Mindstorm72.jpg

And lastly, a quick sketchy CD cover for my good friend Eli who is collaborating with a dj. It is a hip hop group is just called DJ SpeedDemon and Figadowdme.

Elifunk72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
Continuing on with my painting via stages, here is the underpainting. I scanned in the pencils and did the underpainting in Painter and Photoshop.

Now I will print it out and in my copious spare time start the oil painting process. I will seal it on a masonite board. Seal it with acrylic medium. Start painting. If I can find my digital camera, I'll take a few shots of interim steps.

MelvsGrU72.jpg

Remove ads