• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Storn's art for swipin'!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Storn said:
Nexus72.jpg
Whoa. :cool:

That's one of my faves.

Storn

Explorer
This watercolor and gouache on watercolor paper about 10.5 x 15.25. The Master of Kung Fu goes up versus The Hand. Kung fu vs. ninjitsu. If Bruce Lee was the definitive model for Shang Chi in the 70s, I pushed towards an older guy (he is a master, after all) based more on a combo of Donnie Yen and Jet Li. I had the idea for doing a bit of sequential fight choreography the day after I put up the challenge. I knew I had to slap it down.

MoKF72.jpg

Storn

Explorer
This is an oil painting commission I've been working off and on during the last couple of weeks. A Forgotten Realms Drow. Finally dry enuff to slap on the ol' scanner.

I'm quite pleased with how it came out. I owe Alan Pollack huge props for letting me come over to his house and watch him paint for a few hours. I took several of his techniques and materials when doing this painting and it was the most fun I've had painting since art school. So much easier that my usual struggles.

I think this would make a nice cover. It has not been published. So, if anyone has a need for a drow on a cover, let me know. It will be a lot cheaper than commissioning a new cover.
storn.cook@gmail.com

Draow72.jpg

Storn said:
But most publishers work is under NDA (non disclosure agreements, just in case). So, by the time I can post (after publication), I've forgotten all about it, or I feel that I'm doing better work. So I don't post it.

If you want to post the cover illo you did for E.N. Publishing, by all means go for it.

Storn

Explorer
RangerWickett said:
If you want to post the cover illo you did for E.N. Publishing, by all means go for it.

Thanks Ryan!

I will.

Meanwhile, a trio of images for Death Tribble. First up, Bast, a catburglar who needed to depart from Catwoman and still have a bit of an egyptian motif.

Bast72.jpg

Then, with Scott Bennie's approval, Red King from his Gestalt book (an amazing campaign book for Champions, btw, Stornbob sez: check it out), who never got the full head to toe treatment. And from what I understand, the Bone White Queen was mentioned, but never got a stat write up or an illo in the book. D.T. wanted to see my version of her, so, viola, I combined the two of them with the magic of photoshop.

RoyalDuo72.jpg

Remove ads