• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's Goblinoid campaign "Yar Gock". CLOSED

Rhun

First Post
If I understand the rules correctly, though, an Awakened Animal wouldn't be an animal companion, it would be a cohort. You'd have to use the Leadership feat to gain one, I think.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Exactly. Awaken it and have it as a cohort via Leadership.

Perhaps we will encounter a magical pool or she will be blessed by the big Mub or whatever that crazy god thing's name is. :uhoh:

I'll have to rule out the warlock – sorry.
If Ur'nagi is interested with magic, she will have to accept that she is not smart enough to wield those powers and she will need magical artifact to help her wield it.
(You know band of Int. or periapt of wis.)

doghead

thotd
ooc - Yar Gock

Strahd, that's fine. I don't have the material for the warlock class.

So at this point it looks like fighter or another melee type - the barbarian or ranger probably.

The barbarian's d12 HD and rage would make her a bad person to annoy. Plus it has more skill points than fighter. And it fits her feral personality.

The ranger's advantages are mostly more down the line - animal companion and spells. If she throws her stats advances into WIS, she can actually almost keep up with the base spell progression. The favoured enemy ability would be handy. She would take gobliniod, definitely. One question, can a short spear be used as a two handed weapon in the manner of a staff?

Or stick with the original plan, +1 str at 4th, and take power attack. The idea was to use it in conjunction with the wolf's trip attack.

Something to mull over.

doghead
aka thotd

In reality I think that the difference between a spear and a staff is the thickness of the "stick". Where staff is thicker and spear is thinner. Meaning – a good bludgeon punch with a spear can break the weapon.
But you can still use a spear to punch foes, thus if you want it do it. But if you fumble (rolling 1) there will be a very good possibility that it will break.

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Well Strahd approved me in. To quote one of my favourite players around EN World: Mew!

Oh. I'll repost my question here. What is Ik'gosh's standing in the tribe? She is shaman, but she is also only a woman. Which of those take presedence?

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Off the top of my head, I would take whatever her rank she is and reduce it by one for being a female and reduce it again by one for being not-so-normal. I think that would give you her effective power within the tribe until as such time as she earns the respect of her tribal members.

This is just off the top of my head.

doghead

thotd
ooc - Yar Gock

My feeling is that being female would knock her standing down somewhat. But countering that would be the 'madness' factor - genius or lunatic? Uncertainty would could the issue, perhaps making others wary of committing to a position.

Of course, her madness could also mean she is seen as no better than the imps.

doghead
aka thotd

doghead

thotd
ooc - Yar Gock

My feeling is that being female would knock her standing down somewhat. But countering that would be the 'madness' factor - genius or lunatic? Uncertainty would could the issue, perhaps making others wary of committing to a position.

Welcome to the tribe Tazrax (renau1g), Ciki (Black Rat) and Screech (Walking dad).

doghead
aka thotd

Walking Dad

First Post
doghead said:
ooc - Yar Gock

Welcome to the tribe Tazrax (renau1g), Ciki (Black Rat) and Screech (Walking dad).

doghead
aka thotd
Thanks for the friendly welcome. I will play the tribes bard. Someone to make you all better, but a low standing in the tribe (and hating this). Just a intelligent, charismatic and evil gobin. You were warned ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads