• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Strahd's "The lost Caverns of Tsojcanth" - [Recruiting thread Closed]

devrimk

First Post
Hi Strahd,
Karael Ignekilic's Hp is 30 not 35, it's edited in the orginal post.
This is my sorcerer Atesh Yakhar.

[sblock]
Atesh Yakhar is a grey eyed, dark haired, middle aged man. His skin is darkened with sunburn. By the time he was a child he was forced to leave his village and became a slave by the evil forces of Iuz. He was a servant of the fire temple in the Temple of Elemental Evil. He studied magic secretly, while he was growing up. A mage, Angus Brigthfire caught him during his studies. He was angry first but later he accepted him as a student.
When allied army forces entered the temple, he fought against them. The moment he ran out of spells, a soldier would nearly kill him. A paladin, Christopher Jurgensson blocked his attacks. He said, "Don't you notice? He is not evil in the heart. Only he lost his path." After some burocratic process, he volunteerly joined Furyondy forces. For atonement and serving the right path.

Code:
[B]Name:[/B]Atesh Yakhar
[B]Class:[/B]Sorcerer 6
[B]Race:[/B]Human Baklunish
[B]Size:[/B]M
[B]Gender:[/B]M
[B]Alignment:[/B]CG

[B]Racial Traits:[/B]
+1 Extra feat point at 1st level
+4 Extra skill point at 1st level
+1 Extra skill point at each level

[B]Class Features[/B]
Spell Casting
Summon Familiar

[B]STR[/B]	10 (0)			
[B]DEX[/B]	16 (+3)	(+2 Gloves of Dex)	
[B]CON[/B]	14 (+2)			
[B]INT[/B]	14 (+2)			
[B]WIS[/B]	14 (+2)			
[B]CHA[/B]	18 (+4)	(+2 Cloak of Cha)		

[B]HP:[/B]28
[B]Armor:[/B]	Total	Base	Armor	Shield	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc
AC	21	10	4	2	3	0	1	1
Touch	13							
F.Foot	18							
Init.	3							
Speed	30 ft.							
BAB	3							
Grapple	3			

[B]Weapon		Attack	Damage	Critical[/B]
S.Spear*	+4	1d6	20x2	
20ft. throw	+8	1d6+1	20x2	
Dagger		+3	1d4	19-20x2	
10ft. throw	+7	1d4+1	19-20x2	
Ranged Spell	+7		20x2
*Masterwork

[B]Saves Total	Base   Mod  Misc[/B]
Fort:	4	2	2	
Ref:	5	2	3	
Will:	7	5	2	

[B]Feats[/B]				
Point Blank	
Precise Shot	
Searing Spell	
Energy Substitiuon (Fire)	

[B]Spells[/B]
6/7/6/4

Level 0 DC:14
Arcane Mark
D.Magic
D.Undead
Light
Mage Hand
Ray of Frost
R.Magic

Level 1 DC:15
Mage Armor
Orb of Fire
Pro.Evil
Ray of Enfeeb.

Level 2 DC:16
Web
S.Ray

Level 3 DC:17
Fireball

[B]Languages[/B] Common, Dwarven, Elven, Ignan.

[B]Skills		Rank	Stat	Syn	Total[/B]
Appraise	0	2		2
Balan.		0	3		3
Bluff		0	4		4
Climb		0	0		0
Concentration	9	2		11
Craft		0	2		2
D.Script	4	2		6 cc
Diplomacy	0	4		4
D.Device	0	2		-
Disguise	0	4		4
E.Artist	0	3		3
Forgery		0	2		2
G.Info		0	4		4
H.Animal	0	4		-
Heal		0	2		2
Hide		0	3		3
Intimidate	0	4		4
Jump		0	0		0
K.(Arcana)	5	2		7
K.(Planes)	4	2		6 cc
Listen		0	2		2
M.Silently	0	3		3
O.Lock		0	3		-
Perform		0	4		4
Profession	0	2		-
Ride		0	3		3
Search		0	2		2
S.Motive	0	2		2
S.Hand		0	3		-
Spellcraft	7	2	2	11
Spot		0	2		2
Survival	0	2		2
Swim		0	0		0
Tumble		0	3		-
U.M.Device	4	4	2	10 cc
U.Rope		0	3		3

[B]Equipment	Cost	Weight[/B]
Dw.Buckler +1	1205	2,5
S.Spear*	302	3
Daggerx2	4	2
G.of Dex +2	4000	
C.of Cha +2	4000	
A.of N.A.+1	2000	
Ring of Pro.+1	2000	
P.Cure L.W.x3	150	
		13661	7,5
*Masterwork
Raven Tiny Animal
Code:
[B]Name:[/B]Kuzgun
[B]Size:[/B]T

[B]STR[/B]	 1 (-5)			
[B]DEX[/B]	15 (+2)		
[B]CON[/B]	10  (0)			
[B]INT[/B]	 8 (-1)			
[B]WIS[/B]	14 (+2)			
[B]CHA[/B]	 6 (-2)			

[B]Racial Traits:[/B]
Low-light vision

[B]Familiar Traits:[/B]
Alertness
Imp. Evasion
Share Spells
Empathic link
Deliver touch spells
Speak with master

[B]HP:[/B]14
[B]Armor:[/B]	Total	Base	Armor	Shield	Dex	Size	Nat	Misc
AC	17	10	0	0	2	2	3	0
Touch	14							
F.Foot	15							
Init.	2							
Speed	10 ft., fly 40ft. (average)						
BAB	3							
Grapple	-13			

[B]Weapon	Attack	Damage	Critical[/B]
Claw	+5	1d2-5	20x2	

[B]Saves Total	Base   Mod  Misc[/B]
Fort:	2	2	0	
Ref:	4	2	2	
Will:	7	5	2	

[B]Feats[/B]				
Weapon Finesse	

[B]Languages[/B] Common

[B]Skills		Rank	Stat	Syn	Total[/B]
Listen		1	2		3
Spot		3	2		5
[/sblock]

Last edited:

devrimk said:
Hi Strahd,

Atesh Yakhar is a grey eyed, dark haired, middle aged man. His skin is darkened with sunburn. By the time he became an adult, unknown powers started calling him in his dreams. He has an innate power of magic, so Gurka (the Shaman of the village) tells him to go and find his destiny. So he left his village to search for these unknown powers calling him. His journey took him to the Sea of Dust. He searched year after year and couldn't find the source. One day, after a very heavy sandstorm the fire temple entrance was opened.
He learned the secret lore of the Elemental Savants in this temple.
Then he went to Furyondy. He heard about the Mage Council began recruitment. He wants to join in, especially the Flame Guild. But because he is not a school wizard, he can't join the guild. So he decides to join the military forces hoping some Council member notices his capacity.

Something is not right … hmmm.
The chance that a Baklunish human wants to join Furyondy military forces is very very very low, beside it, In the Baklunish countries elemental magic schools are way better that in Furyondy. Now that you mention the fire temple, it's could be an idea,
Let's say that the wizard served in the fire temple in "the temple of elemental evil scenario" , captured by forces of Veluna or Furyondy , your wizard atoned over the years and joined the forces of good. Now, holding great knowledge of the temple and the evil of Iuz's forces he was summoned to join the forces of Furyondy and help in anyway he can.

What do you say ?

devrimk

First Post
Ok. The problem is my low Greyhawk knowledge.
If my wizard has served in Temple of Elemental Evil, his background must contain some evil tendencies, does it? or can it be that he served because of his lust for power (and maybe little pyromaniac)?

devrimk said:
Ok. The problem is my low Greyhawk knowledge.
If my wizard has served in Temple of Elemental Evil, his background must contain some evil tendencies, does it? or can it be that he served because of his lust for power (and maybe little pyromaniac)?
what ever you choose, it's your character, but being a lower level wizard, he had very little rule in the temple, he could habe been a mercenery, a slave or just a servent to greater Ignam powers.

Now going over your character again, I didn't see languages

Rhun

First Post
I'm still interested, Strahd...I just haven't had a chance to throw together a character yet. I am going to try and get that done this weekend.

Also, what year (CY) is it (this wil help with background info)?

And now that I think about it...is this going to be a one-shot type adventure? Or are you thinking of doing Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun afterward (this helps with stat placement)?

-

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
Strahd,
I'll toss in my hat as well. I should have my characetr up this weekend. I may have one ot two questions for you to approve or not. But I will wait and see if I even want them before asking.

Fenris

Rhun said:
And now that I think about it...is this going to be a one-shot type adventure? Or are you thinking of doing Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun afterward (this helps with stat placement)?
That was suppose to be a secret :uhoh:
But I plan on doing Forgotten Temple of Tharizdun afterward

UPDATE
I'll end The recruitment in 26/6 and not 27/7
as I received enough interest – 11 people showed interest and there are 6 available spots + 2 Alts, I'll give you till Monday to post your characters and finish them.

Roy

Rhun

First Post
Excellent.

I asked up above (I think you missed it), but what timeline are you running this adventure during? As in, what year are you planning to start the adventure?

Saracor

Explorer
OK, I've written up Garon a Fighter from Furyondy.

Garon Shieldsforth
Stats
[sblock]
Name: Garon Shieldsforth
Class: Fighter 6
Race: Human
Size: M
Alignment: NG
Deity: Heironeous
Level: 6
XP: 15,000

Str: 17(19) +3(+4)(10p.)*
Dex: 13 +1 (5 p.)
Con: 16 +3 (10p.)
Int: 13 +1 (5 p.)
Wis: 10 +0 (2 p.)
Cha: 10 +0 (2 p.)
*Stat increase

HP: 55 (6d10+18) (13+8+9+8+9+8)
BAB: +6/+1
Grapple: +10
Speed: 20' (30')
Init: +1

AC: 25 (10 base, +11 Armor, +3 Shield, +1 Dex)
Touch: 11
Flatfooted: 24

Fort: +9 (5 base, +3 mod, +1 magic)
Ref: +4 (2 base, +1 mod, +1 magic)
Will: +3 (2 base, +0 mod, +1 magic)

Weapons:
Longsword +1 Attacks: +12/+7, Dmg: 1d8+7, Crit: 19-20/x2
Shrtbw, Mighty Comp(+2) Attacks: +7/+2, Dmg: 1d6+2, Crit: x3

Languages: Common, Orcish

Abilities:

Feats: Cleave, Dodge, Endurance, Great Cleave, Power Attack, Quick Draw, Weapon Focus(Longsword), Weapon Specialization(Longsword).

Skill Points: 36
Skills :
Climb +1
(3 ranks, +4 mod, -6 armor)
Handle Animal +4
(4 ranks, +0 mod)
Intimidate +9
(9 ranks, +0 mod)
Jump +3
(5 ranks, +4 mod, -6 armor)
Ride +10
(9 ranks, +1 mod)
Swim +4
(6 ranks, +4 mod, -6 armor)

Equipment:
Longsword +1 (2315gp)
Shortbow, Mighty (+2) Comp. (225gp)
Arrows(50) (2.5gp)
Full Plate +1 (2150gp)
Shield, heavy steel +1 (1170gp)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1000gp)
Gauntlets of Ogre Power (4000gp)
Backpack (2gp)
Bedroll (0.1gp)
Blanket, Winter (0.5gp)
Flint and steel (1gp)
Piton(6) (0.1gp)
Hammer (0.5gp)
Torch(5) (0.05gp)
Belt Pouch (1gp)
Oil of Bless Weapon(2) (200gp)
Potion of Pro. Evil(2) (100gp)
Potion of Water Breathing (750gp)
Potion of Blur (300gp)
Potion of Cure Mod. Wnds(4) (1200gp)
Whetstone (0.02gp)
Waterskin (1gp)

Warhorse, Heavy (400gp)
Bit and Bridle (2gp)
Saddle, Military (20gp)
Rope, Silk (50') (10gp)
Saddlebags (4gp)
Lantern, Hooded (7gp)
Cold Weather Outfit (8gp)
Explorer's Outfit (10gp)
Feed(7 days) (0.35gp)
Rations (7 days) (3.5gp)
Oil (5 pts.) (0.5gp)
Total Spent: 13884.12gp

Total Weight: 110 lb Money: 116gp 8sp 8cp
Carried by Horse: 143 lb

Height: 6'1"
Weight: 245 lb
Eyes: Green
Hair: Lt. Brown
Skin: Tan

[/sblock]

Description
[sblock]Garon is a tall, tan skinned Oeridian man about 6'1 in height. He has short cut, light brown hair and deep green eyes. He is strong for his build with the look of a military man. He holds himself with an air of confidence and discipline. He is often direct in conversation, lacking a bit of tact that can get him into trouble as he's more apt to speak his mind than hold his tongue, especially if he has problems with the person he is talking to. While he can be a bit gruff and abrasive at times, those that know him and have worked with him understand that he is loyal and honest and will support his friends when they need him.
[/sblock]

History
[sblock]
Garon was born into a military family that lived on the border of Furyondy and the Shield Lands. His father was a career military man in the Furyondy army as had his father before him. Growing up, Garon was surrounded by members of the military, his uncles (and some aunts) as well as his brothers were all members of either the Furyondy military or had ties with it through mercenary companies or the like.

As a child, his family was forced to flee the events of the Greyhawk wars. His family lands were overrun as Iuz's forces moved into Furyondy. He was evacuated to Chendl with his mother and siblings while his father fought in the war. With the end of the war, much was in turmoil. His family was able to move back to their lands in the County of Crystalreach but they were now near the border of Iuz's territory and had to deal with the threat of raids coming from those lands. They were lucky in that they could return and no one from his immediate family had been killed. Seeing the cruelty and carnage that Iuz's forces had caused had a great affect upon Garon and as he grew up, he was resolved to fight against these creatures.

Being a big, strong lad, Garon naturally joined the army as soon as he was able. He easily moved up the enlisted ranks due to his upbringing and he showed himself to be a cut above most of the rest of his unit. He quickly gained a name for himself as an able leader of his squad and trusted by his men. His biggest problem was his single-mindedness about the defeat of Iuz. A number of times he put himself in dangerous situations, often with others, in order to confront an enemy.
[/sblock]

I think I have everything here...doing this mostly from DMGenie and some PDFs I have since my books are elsewhere and I've been a bit short on time. I'll probably add a bit more to his history in the next day or so.

Garon is certainly my perferred character but if there's too many fighter types then I can do the write-up of the Wizard.

Remove ads