Strange New Worlds opening credits

Ryujin

Legend
As I was listening to the theme music, I realized that it's essentially just counterpoint to the ST:TOS theme. Then they tacked on the ST:TOS theme at the end of it.

Looking forward to this.

Ondath

Hero
Only days away now!

Gosh darn it, I'm clearly a sucker for the "Space. The Final Frontier..." monologue because hearing this and seeing a much more optimist tone in the intro just got me hyped for the show, even though I haven't watched any new Trek later than TNG (then again, I got into Star Trek only a few years ago). I dreaded watching the shows after DS9 because they seem to have lost the optimist futurism that I like so much in TOS and TNG, but I actually might give this one a watch!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
In the US, at least. Still no news on making it available internationally as they did with Discovery.
They didn't with Discovery (that 'Pluto' thing doesn't count as making it available in any practical sense). Though I hear you could buy them afterwards from iTunes or somewhere.

Anyway, as always, if we could keep Star Trek TV threads from not immediately turning into streaming platform threads, that would be great. Let's keep this one a safe place to discuss Star Trek itself. :)

Arilyn

Hero
I'm really excited for this, but keep catching myself thinking "please don't screw this up, please don't screw this up!"
It looks like they got it right.

Remove ads