Strange New Worlds opening credits

Mort

Legend
Supporter
I'm REALLY looking forward to this.

The trailers look very promising (sure they almost always do, but I like the direction and am quite hopeful)!

Plus the promised format of alien of the week is something I'm glad they're revisiting.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
I'm REALLY looking forward to this.

The trailers look very promising (sure they almost always do, but I like the direction Ave an quite hopeful)!

Plus the promised format of alien of the week is something I'm glad they're revisiting.
I'm hoping that they take it a step further than just "alien of the week" and do something akin to the TOS "moral/lesson of the week." As a Canadian kid TOS was my first introduction to the US Constitution (read by another Canadian, at that).

Mallus

Legend
I'm hoping that they take it a step further than just "alien of the week" and do something akin to the TOS "moral/lesson of the week." As a Canadian kid TOS was my first introduction to the US Constitution (read by another Canadian, at that).
The ‘eed plebnista’ scene is a classic!

(and the image of Cloud William solemnly, if uncomprehendingly facing the US flag sums our political discourse here quite nicely!)

Arilyn

Hero
That was really good! I enjoyed it immensely. And the Enterprise looks great!
Getting more and more excited to see this. I love Star Trek and it's been so long that we've had a show that really feels like Trek. "Space, the Final Frontier" intro gets me psyched even after all these decades.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
One thing I think is important to Trek is that the ship is a character. I don't think that's been true for a while, but it is in this show. The Enterprise is iconic.

Arilyn

Hero
I agree. The ship as a character has largely been left behind, probably accidentally. In classic Trek, the Captain's identity was entwined with their ship and could also be a burden. Poor Kirk could never give himself to a woman because the Enterprise had claimed him. In theory😂

Ignoring 60s' tropes, the Enterprise claimed the hearts of the whole crew.

Ryujin

Legend
I agree. The ship as a character has largely been left behind, probably accidentally. In classic Trek, the Captain's identity was entwined with their ship and could also be a burden. Poor Kirk could never give himself to a woman because the Enterprise had claimed him. In theory😂

Ignoring 60s' tropes, the Enterprise claimed the hearts of the whole crew.
Hell, Kirk's duty to the Enterprise snapped him out of the mental control of a woman.

Ryujin

Legend
One thing I think is important to Trek is that the ship is a character. I don't think that's been true for a while, but it is in this show. The Enterprise is iconic.
I think that became the case when they started sacrificing The Enterprise so often. Once? OK, it was "reborn." Twice? Starting to see that it isn't valued as much.

Remove ads