• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Suggestion for an RPG.

Light Knight

First Post
I am looking for a high fantasy system, that is primarily a skill based system, but with some castes (not necessary but possible). I very detailed combat system is a plus.

innerdude

Legend
Yeah, a BRP / Runequest variant might work, as mentioned by Scrivener.

If you want to get a good feel for the Runequest framework without paying a huge amount of cash, pick up the Legend PDF from DriveThruRPG for $1 (yes, that is not a typo, $1). It's basically Runequest 6 with the Glorantha serial numbers filed off.

Burning Wheel might be another option, depending on your tastes, or Warhammer Fantasy 2e.

A

amerigoV

Empire of the Petal Throne use Indian and MezoAmerican cultures as its basis. Its a very different feel and is based on Casts. I never played the system(s) of the various incarnations.

Its an old setting. It was a robust world when Greyhawk was just a big hole in the ground.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
HERO: make the magic in the game work by any set of rules you want, including requiring skill checks. You could even use package deals to create "classes" that have skill bonuses & penalties.

Remove ads