Sultans of Smack

reapersaurus

First Post
thegreatbuddha said:
I didn't know they had errata'd it. That changes a good number of my smacks.
Interesting how you accept it when it's directly from Caliban, but when I said almost the same exact thing (in fact, I was paraphrasing Caliban), it was dismissed out of hand by a few people.

P.S. I thought that this thread wasn't supposed to use 3.5 stuff? (Complete Warrior)

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
HidaSasuke said:
Nah, he's right. Page 16 of Complete Warrior, under "Meeting Class Requirements". "If a character no longer meets the requirements for a prestige class, he or she loses the benefit of any class features or other special abilities granted by the class. The character retains Hit Dice gained from advancing in the class as well as any improvements to base attack bonus and base save bonuses that the class provided." I'd missed that before.

Ah, that's right. I do remember hearing now that they finally fixed it for 3.5 when CW came out :)

-Hyp.

Onyx

First Post
Kabooomp!

Let's keep up the good work, guys.

By the by, I've been tangentially working on a Dervish smack and I was looking for a few good feat suggestions.

Let me know.

Elric said:
Among other things, Four Color to Fantasy let you take a level of Hero to get 8 Hero points. 1 Hero point could get you any feat, but you also have to take the oh-so-terrible restriction that you can only use it in light or no armor (otherwise it is 2 hero points).

Just to clarify, that was a misunderstanding of the rules (and at one time was a mistake even I made). With any given super power in FCTF, you cannot spend more hero points than your total character level +3. The Gain Feat superpower lets you buy feats for 2 hero points each, and each feat is part of the same super power. Thus, if you got four feats, with the restriction you mentioned, it would cost 7 hero points, meaning you'd have to be at least 4th level. And it means that two levels of Hero when you're 12th level doesn't give you 16 feats at 1 point apiece, it gives you 8 feats for 15 points total, and 1 spare point.

Plus I recall somewhere in that book it said that a restriction that is not a drawback cannot provide any sort of price reduction. When Reapersaurus took divine feats with the restriction that they were 'magical' and thus could be negated by antimagic, it wasn't really a drawback, because you can't channel divine energy in antimagic fields anyway.

Tsk tsk tsk. You rules lawyers and the hoops you jump through. I don't mind smackdowns that really take advantage of the letter of the rules, but have some care about their spirit, please. *grin*

Remove ads