Sultans of Smack

Elric

First Post
Among other things, Four Color to Fantasy let you take a level of Hero to get 8 Hero points. 1 Hero point could get you any feat, but you also have to take the oh-so-terrible restriction that you can only use it in light or no armor (otherwise it is 2 hero points).

I mean, no offense to the publishers of various books, but there are loopholes like that in some rules that enable you to take ridiculous advantage of loopholes in other books. Finding something to give yourself 15 free feats or double/triple/quadruple damage is what really makes a smack.

Also, Jeremy thought of the absolutely ridiculous Spelldancer smack. I don't think he posted the even more ridiculous "Spelldancer-Incantatrix-lots of time on your hands" smack, which I noticed can give truly infinite results. He might have thought of it but refrained from making the ultimate-everything smackdown (100,000s in your ability scores will do that) :D

reapersaurus

First Post
Elric said:
I mean, no offense to the publishers of various books, but there are loopholes like that in some rules that enable you to take ridiculous advantage of loopholes in other books. Finding something to give yourself 15 free feats or double/triple/quadruple damage is what really makes a smack.
The funny thing is, that arguably the most-abusive PrC of ALL is the Spelldancer, from WotC's Magic of Faerun.
And the hilarious thing is, Jeremy's wondrously-broken Spelldancer cheese is completely by the rules.
It hasn't been errated, or FAQ'd at all.
Nothing is stopping every single 3.0 Smack from simply using one Leadership feat to get a Spelldancer cohort, and have insane stats and buffs.

That's exactly what I was getting at a month ago when I said "I think there should be some suggested limitations, because you know what kind of cheese there is out there, Jeremy. ;)"

HidaSasuke

First Post
This doesn't follow the base rules of the smackdown exactly, I'm ashamed to say. It's 18 levels, and is best done over the course of two rounds of combat. However, it's damaging enough that I think it's worth putting up, especially in the context of a WotC-only 3.5 smack. I apologize if the format is confusing in any way.

Books: Core 3.5 rules, The Complete Warrior (WotC's 3.5 equivalent of Sword and Fist)

Half-Orc, starting Strength of 20.

Lvl1 Barbarian Destructive Rage
Lvl2 Fighter Power Attack
Lvl3 Fighter Intimidating Rage, Cleave
Lvl4 Fighter
Lvl5 Fighter Weapon Focus (Lance)
Lvl6 Fighter Mounted Combat
Lvl7 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl8 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl9 Frenzied Berserker Ride-By Attack
Lvl10 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl11 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl12 Frenzied Berserker Spirited Charge
Lvl13 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl14 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl15 Frenzied Berserker Improved Sunder
Lvl16 Frenzied Berserker
At this point, find a way to get your alignment changed to Lawful. You should still have all your abilities from Frenzied Berserker available, unless I missed something.
Lvl17 Cavalier
Lvl18 Cavalier Combat Brute

x4 Power Attack from Frenzied Berserker
Combat Brute + Frenzied Berseker = x5 Power Attacks, with two-handed weapon on second-round attack

Base 20 Str
Rage +2 Str
Frenzy +10 Str
Belt of Giant Strength +6 Str, 36k
Manual of Gainful Exercise +4 Str, 110k
4 Stat boosts into Strength, +4 Str
Major Ring of Spell Storing w/ Righteous Might, +8 Str, Lance becomes 2d6

That's 54 Strength, for a total bonus of +22. Using a Lance two-handed, that becomes +33.

Rhino Hide armor, +2d6 damage, 5165 gp
+1 Axiomatic Holy Flaming Shocking Frost Vicious Bane Lance, 200k gp
Greater Magic Weapon on Lance, making it +5.
Activate your Ring, then Rage, then Frenzy, then charge while mounted at a target matching the Bane on your weapon.
Burning all +18 BAB into Power Attack gives +72 damage.
That's 2d6(Lance)+7d6(enchantments)+112.
Deadly Charge with a Lance multiplies all that except the enchantments by 4.
That's 8d6+11d6+448, or 19d6+448, for an average of 514.5 damage in round 1.

And if you want, go to a second round. Using your Combat Brute feat, burn off all +18 BAB for a Full Attack on your opponent. That'll give +90 damage. Now, with the Frenzy, you're swinging 5 times. You hit with all 5 (likely, with your huge strength), that's (2d6(lance)+11d6(enchantments)+90(Power Attack)+33(Strength)+5(enchantment))*5, or 10d6+55d6+450+165+25, or 65d6+640, for an average of 867.5 damage in round 2. All in all, that's an average of 1382 damage over two rounds, or 691 damage per round.

It could probably get nastier by dropping Frost or somesuch and adding Spell Storing capability to the weapon, tossing some sort of Con-damage spell in there, but I really don't want to look through the spells to find the best one.

Onyx

First Post
Psudo-Bumpage

HidaSasuke said:
This doesn't follow the base rules of the smackdown exactly, I'm ashamed to say. It's 18 levels, and is best done over the course of two rounds of combat. However, it's damaging enough that I think it's worth putting up, especially in the context of a WotC-only 3.5 smack. I apologize if the format is confusing in any way.

Books: Core 3.5 rules, The Complete Warrior (WotC's 3.5 equivalent of Sword and Fist)

Half-Orc, starting Strength of 20.

Lvl1 Barbarian Destructive Rage
Lvl2 Fighter Power Attack
Lvl3 Fighter Intimidating Rage, Cleave
Lvl4 Fighter
Lvl5 Fighter Weapon Focus (Lance)
Lvl6 Fighter Mounted Combat
Lvl7 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl8 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl9 Frenzied Berserker Ride-By Attack
Lvl10 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl11 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl12 Frenzied Berserker Spirited Charge
Lvl13 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl14 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl15 Frenzied Berserker Improved Sunder
Lvl16 Frenzied Berserker
At this point, find a way to get your alignment changed to Lawful. You should still have all your abilities from Frenzied Berserker available, unless I missed something.
Lvl17 Cavalier
Lvl18 Cavalier Combat Brute

x4 Power Attack from Frenzied Berserker
Combat Brute + Frenzied Berseker = x5 Power Attacks, with two-handed weapon on second-round attack

Base 20 Str
Rage +2 Str
Frenzy +10 Str
Belt of Giant Strength +6 Str, 36k
Manual of Gainful Exercise +4 Str, 110k
4 Stat boosts into Strength, +4 Str
Major Ring of Spell Storing w/ Righteous Might, +8 Str, Lance becomes 2d6

That's 54 Strength, for a total bonus of +22. Using a Lance two-handed, that becomes +33.

Rhino Hide armor, +2d6 damage, 5165 gp
+1 Axiomatic Holy Flaming Shocking Frost Vicious Bane Lance, 200k gp
Greater Magic Weapon on Lance, making it +5.
Activate your Ring, then Rage, then Frenzy, then charge while mounted at a target matching the Bane on your weapon.
Burning all +18 BAB into Power Attack gives +72 damage.
That's 2d6(Lance)+7d6(enchantments)+112.
Deadly Charge with a Lance multiplies all that except the enchantments by 4.
That's 8d6+11d6+448, or 19d6+448, for an average of 514.5 damage in round 1.

And if you want, go
to a second round. Using your Combat Brute feat, burn off all +18 BAB for a Full Attack on your opponent. That'll give +90 damage. Now, with the Frenzy, you're swinging 5 times. You hit with all 5 (likely, with your huge strength), that's (2d6(lance)+11d6(enchantments)+90(Power Attack)+33(Strength)+5(enchantment))*5, or 10d6+55d6+450+165+25, or 65d6+640, for an average of 867.5 damage in round 2. All in all, that's an average of 1382 damage over two rounds, or 691 damage per round.

It could probably get nastier by dropping Frost or somesuch and adding Spell Storing capability to the weapon, tossing some sort of Con-damage spell in there, but I really don't want to look through the spells to find the best one.

*gives a round of applause*

It is really refreshing to see the atrocious 3.5 PowerAttack FB changes put to good use.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
thegreatbuddha said:
Power Lunge allows you "to inflict double your strength modifier in addition to the attack's damage." The "in addition to" pretty much spells out that it is neither a replacement of your base strength modifier nor a case of multipliers. This leaves us with one alternative -- it adds double your strength modifier to the attack's damage, which is exactly what the feat says it does.
It has been officially clarified that "in addition to" means "in addition to the attacks damage (not including str modifier)" , not "in addition to the attacks damage (including strength modifier).

The intent of the feat is to allow you to do double your strength modifier in damage, not triple your strength modifier in damage.

That's the way it works in every official campaign run by the RPGA, and how it was clarified by the Sage via e-mail after it was brought up.

thegreatbuddha

First Post
Caliban said:
It has been officially clarified that "in addition to" means "in addition to the attacks damage (not including str modifier)" , not "in addition to the attacks damage (including strength modifier).

The intent of the feat is to allow you to do double your strength modifier in damage, not triple your strength modifier in damage.

I didn't know they had errata'd it. That changes a good number of my smacks.

Remove ads