Sultans of Smack

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM_Matt

First Post
hong said:

Pah! One harm spell and he's toast, just like all the rest. :p

Except my soul-selling smack....it HEALS him...now heal on the other hand, thans scary, but the cleric better have a good tumble score or he's toast.

Jeremy

Explorer
Actually, no, the Cleric is not likely to tumble up to your 8 armed, winged, tailed, wicked Iaijutsu master. He is more likely to cast mass heal so he can nail you from a distance. And because he is hasted, he'll probably cast destruction on you as well to consume you in the holy fires of heaven, or at least do a lot of damage that your "healed" body probably can't take. Actually, a searing light or even a sound burst would probably work just fine, but for an Akutenshi exploding in holy fire is just righteous comeuppance. :)

Jeremy

Explorer
Al said:
Now what were the DCs for Azathoth's spells again? 60ish? Not a problem :)

Of course, if he's got spell DC's in the 60's, his dispel checks are probably very good. If not, his Mordenkainen's Disjunction auto-dispel function is almost as good a smackdown killer as Harm. :) But now I'm breaking my own rule.

No pitting smackdown against smackdown. We're here to amaze and inspire each other with our creativity and then praise each others' work while pointing out corrections.

And yes, it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. <ducks>

Al

First Post
You can Empower many times...now that is interesting.

Well, in that case make the following changes:

Quadruple Empowered (Triple Empowered, once from Rod of Greater Empowerment) Cat's Grace/Endurance/Owl's Wisdom and Eagle's Splendor.

Max enhancement bonus = 5 x 3 = +15

This takes stats up to
Dex 42 (+5 better than before)
Con 42 (+4 better than before)
Wis 45 (+5 better)
Cha 50 (+5 better)

So saves are now +78/+75/+76, total +229.

Nothing wrong with defensive smacks. They are equally valid as offensive smacks, and if we are to be cynical offensive smacks can be trumped just as easily (Wall of Force for weapon smacks, Antimagic for spell smacks etc.)

Jeremy

Explorer
<nods> Exactly. And it is really hurtful to shoot down some persons four hours of work by pointing out one circumstance that could render the smack moot. There's an exception to everything, the difficulty is in finding the strengths, not finding the weaknesses.

Hence, the no smack vs. smack. :) All the smacks work together... Which reminds me, about time for another teamwork smack with multiple people employing multiple smacks. Any takers?

reapersaurus

First Post
RigaMortus said:
actually that would be 28 damage for the FIRST Shurikeen thrown per attack. Again, I could be wrong, but in the event I am right here, you might want to change this so others looking at it don't get the wrong idea.
You are correct.
However, this was already corrected in the first thread this Smackdown appeared in. :)
I think Jairaimi mentioned that these smacks posted are not the complete, revised versions.

But thank you for noticing, and being observant to point it out.
In fact, it spurred me to do a brief update on the Shuriken Smackdown, to include some really abusive stuff this time, to see how high I could get it.

Originally, I was holding myself back because I *gasp* thought that the Smackdown PC should be able to cast all spells himself if he was to use them in the smack.

Since it's just a mental exercise, attached is the re-revised Shuriken Smackdown.

Up to 1158 damage in a round, and that's with only a 2-armed PC! ;)

Attachments

• shuriken smackdown revised.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 286

ConcreteBuddha

First Post
Big Bertha, v1.1

Big Bertha, the Poor Man's Smack

L5 Druid, L3 Shifter

11 ranks in Craft (Carpentry)
11 ranks in Craft (Blacksmithing)

27,000gp

20,000gp--1000 alchemist fire flasks, glass, 1.25 lbs. each, 1,250.
750gp------potion, fly
300gp------potion, invisibility
free---------112 5' quarterstaves, 4 lbs each, 448 lbs.
60gp-------Two tower shields grafted together, 90 lbs. 5'x5' square 1" thick
2,000gp (estimated)------- 2 adamantine "handles"
5gp---------Artisan's tools (Carpenter)
5gp---------Artisan's tools (Blacksmith)
100gp (estimated)---------- Twine
40gp-------Rope, Silk 200 ft.
23,260gp-------Total

Weight
1,250--------flasks
448----------quarterstaves
90------------tower shields
20 (estimated)------adamantine handles
100 (estimated)---- twine
1908------------------Total

Can carry at Str 31

Idea:

1000 Alchemist's Flasks combined into one touch attack.

Setup:

1) Drill 1 hole in each of the four corners of the 5'x'5 sheet of steel.
2) Attach 2 adamantine handles to the top side of the sheet
3) Tie a rope to each corner.
4) Using the four ropes, hang the sheet on something that can support 568 lbs. of weight (a barn rafter, etc...)
5) Raise the sheet so it is 6 ft. off the ground.
6) In each quarterstaff, drill 10 holes 6" apart, each just large enough to fit twine.
7) Attach 100 quarterstaves 6" apart in a 10x10 grid, (However one attaches wood to metal in a DnD setting)
8) Attach the remaining 12 quarterstaves as supports (to keep the quarterstaves from hitting each other)
9) Lower the Cube to the ground
10) Using the twine, tie Alchemist's Fire Flasks to the drilled holes in the quarterstaves.

Attack:

1) Drink Potion of Fly
2) Drink Potion of Invisibility
3) Greater Wild Shape into Dire Bear
4) Lift Alchemist Fire Cube
5) Fly at 90ft. movement
6) Find a Target
7) Attack the ground the target is standing on with the Improvised Thrown Weapon from 20ft. up
8) The Cube scatters, at most, 2ft.
9) All of the flasks take 2d6 falling damage
10) They explode and do 1000 points of damage to each creature within 5'.

1000 damage

Flaws:
1) Attaching the quarterstaves to the tower shields.
I was going to use Sovereign Glue but the Oil of Slipperiness price got really high. At higher levels this is the sure replacement for commonplace means.

2) Is the damage additive?
I think so because if it isn't, what is the limit? 20d6 was brought up last time as the quote for lava.

However, if we make 20d6 the max, what happens if a person is surrounded by 21 people who each hit him with an alchemist's fire in the same round? Is that person's damage capped at 20d6 or is it 21d6?

3) All of the flasks break that round because they are in glass flasks (hardness 1, hp 1)

4) It doesn't matter if you hit, because the scatter is so low.

5) Don't try this on a windy day. ;)

Jeremy

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
I think Jairami mentioned that these smacks posted are not the complete, revised versions.

But thank you for noticing, and being observant to point it out.
In fact, it spurred me to do a brief update on the Shuriken Smackdown, to include some really abusive stuff this time, to see how high I could get it.

Correct. I only grabbed the most complete whole version posted and originally referenced the original thread (though that broke down with the two server shifts and the address changes). Now I simply point out that most smacks could be found with their corrections back at the original thread.

BTW, I've got your updated version now and when the mod's close this thread for being over 200 posts, I'll post the new thread with your more updated version. ;)

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Jeremy said:
BTW, I've got your updated version now and when the mod's close this thread for being over 200 posts, I'll post the new thread with your more updated version. ;)

I think you should get it together now; it's as good a time as any, and I don't expect the thread will last much longer at this rate of posting.

Why the name change, BTW?

Jeremy

Explorer
Jairami is just the strange way of spelling my name that DragonRealms helped me think up back in the day, I use it when Jeremy is taken. As Jeremy was taken both other times I tried signing up...

Recently I tried Jeremy as I wondered if it was taken on this version of the boards (and I'd never seen anyone post using it). It worked, so I kept it.

Besides, the number of people who butcher Jairami is just silly. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads