Sultans of Smack

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
Impeesa said:
Only 50,000? Geez, in our discussion on the WotC boards, we were up into the millions pre-epic. :D

--Impeesa--
This guy didn't have access to war hulk(about x16 damage), nor did he make a 4 legged build (about another x3).

Creamsteak

Explorer
Has 3.5 increased the average damage of smacks significantly higher or something? Looks like you might need to raise the bar very high. Anyway, I'm currently working on a smack, but I wanted to post where I am so far. This is without the crunching and item sniffing stages really getting thoroughly abused... and I'm trying to just use the 3.5 Core Rules + Complete Warrior.

This is a simple 16th level fighter right now (no race even), with unspent feats. I would like to either up the strength or the damage bonus from power attack if possible, but any other advice would be helpful. Also, I could quite possibly have something wrong here.

Ability Scores
Two Natural 18s enhanced to 20 each with bonus ability score points from levels. One in strength, one in dex.

Equipment
2 +3 Flaming, Frost, Shock, Speed, Vicious Large Warmaces
+6 Strength Item

Feats
Feats
Exotic weapon proficiency (warmace), monkey grip
Two-weapon fighting
Weapon focus (warmace)
Weapon specialization (warmace)
Improved two-weapon fighting, Power Attack
Greater two-weapon fighting (warmace)
Greater weapon focus (warmace)
Greater weapon specialization (warmace)

Buffs
True Strike

Full Attack
Attacks: +26/+26/+26/+26/+21/+21/+16/+16/+11
Damage: (3d6 weapon + 1d6 fire + 1d6 cold + 1d6 electricity + 2d6 vicious + 3 magic, + 8 strength + 24 Power Attack)*5 Attacks + (3d6 weapon + 1d6 fire + 1d6 cold + 1d6 electricity + 2d6 vicious + 3 magic, + 4 strength + 24 Power Attack)*4

(Average: 551 Damage)

eduardo

First Post
Im sure someone must have posted it, but I'll post it again (couldnt read all 19 pages of SMACKS)

Human Psychic Warrior Level 8
Str 10
Dex 10
Con 14
Int 20 (+2 Level)
Wis 10
Cha 10

Itens: Bag of Holding full of shurikens

1st round, drop shurikens on the ground as move-equivalent action, manifest Telekinesis on the shurikens throwing them all on your foe...

25 pounds x 8 = 200 pounds
Shurikens 1/10 pounds each, 1 damage each
200 x 10 = 2000 damage

You attack with Int bonus + Base attack bonus
That would be +9 to hit, but then again, you have 8 more levels to spend and feats, magic itens to boost it...

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
silentspace said:
What's a warmace? That's a mighty powerful weapon. A greatsword wielded one-handed via Monkey Grip will only do 2d6.
One-Handed Exotic Melee Weapon from Complete Warrior. Damage 1d12. Gives -1 to AC. Can be used as a Two-Handed Martial Weapon instead (e.g., like a bastard sword).

Endur

First Post
Frenzied Berserker loses all abilities when he becomes lawful. Pre-requisite for being a Frenzied Berserker is alignment: non-lawful. As soon as he becomes lawful (for Cavalier), you lose all FB abilities (and Barbarian Rage too).

HidaSasuke said:
Half-Orc, starting Strength of 20.

Lvl1 Barbarian Destructive Rage
Lvl2 Fighter Power Attack
Lvl3 Fighter Intimidating Rage, Cleave
Lvl4 Fighter
Lvl5 Fighter Weapon Focus (Lance)
Lvl6 Fighter Mounted Combat
Lvl7 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl8 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl9 Frenzied Berserker Ride-By Attack
Lvl10 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl11 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl12 Frenzied Berserker Spirited Charge
Lvl13 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl14 Frenzied Berserker
Lvl15 Frenzied Berserker Improved Sunder
Lvl16 Frenzied Berserker
At this point, find a way to get your alignment changed to Lawful. You should still have all your abilities from Frenzied Berserker available, unless I missed something.
Lvl17 Cavalier
Lvl18 Cavalier Combat Brute

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Endur said:
Frenzied Berserker loses all abilities when he becomes lawful. Pre-requisite for being a Frenzied Berserker is alignment: non-lawful. As soon as he becomes lawful (for Cavalier), you lose all FB abilities (and Barbarian Rage too).

In 3.5, the rule for PrC requirements is that you must meet them before you take the first level.

The rule about losing all class features except BAB, hit dice, and saves if you lose access to a requirement didn't make it through the revision, as far as I know.

Whether this was deliberate or accidental, I couldn't say.

(The rule about not being able to use a feat if you lose access to a prerequisite still exists, however.)

It may be that they decided it was silly that a Dwarven Defender who turned 125, lost a point of Dex and thus lost his Dodge prerequisite suddenly lost all his class abilities.

Or it may be that they left a sentence out, like they did with PrCs not counting towards multiclass penalties.

-Hyp.

HidaSasuke

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
In 3.5, the rule for PrC requirements is that you must meet them before you take the first level.

The rule about losing all class features except BAB, hit dice, and saves if you lose access to a requirement didn't make it through the revision, as far as I know.

Whether this was deliberate or accidental, I couldn't say.

(The rule about not being able to use a feat if you lose access to a prerequisite still exists, however.)

It may be that they decided it was silly that a Dwarven Defender who turned 125, lost a point of Dex and thus lost his Dodge prerequisite suddenly lost all his class abilities.

Or it may be that they left a sentence out, like they did with PrCs not counting towards multiclass penalties.

-Hyp.

Nah, he's right. Page 16 of Complete Warrior, under "Meeting Class Requirements". "If a character no longer meets the requirements for a prestige class, he or she loses the benefit of any class features or other special abilities granted by the class. The character retains Hit Dice gained from advancing in the class as well as any improvements to base attack bonus and base save bonuses that the class provided." I'd missed that before.

Still a smackdown, I'd say. You don't get the x4 damage from the Cavalier's Deadly Charge, being stuck with a mere x3, but that's OK. Hell, you can drop Weapon Focus (Lance) since you're not going for Cavalier anymore, and get it in 16 levels, thus meeting the level restriction for a Smackdown. You'll be 91,165gp over the starting cash allowance of a 16th-level character, but that's easily remedied by a loan from another party member.

Given that, swapping Axiomatic enchantment for Anarchic, and correcting some math errors from the original post ... first round, 2d6(lance)+11d6(enchantments)+104(33 strength, 64 Power Attack, 5 enhancement, +2 to the enhancement from Bane), all but the enchantments are x3, so that's 8d6+11d6+312, or an average of 378.5 for round one. Round two gives (2d6(lance)+11d6(enchantments)+80(Power Attack)+33(Strength)+7(enhancement))*5, for a round-two average of 802.5. Total damage over two rounds, 1181. Average per round, 590.5. Sounds like it still works to me.

Remove ads