Sultans of Smack

thegreatbuddha

First Post
reap: have you posted any of your Singh rager smacks?

I searched the thread for your 7k+ Singh smack and couldn't find it. Is it in a different thread? Could you post it here and/or provide a link please?

Jeremy

Explorer
reapersaurus said:
I think there should be some suggested limitations, because you know what kind of cheese there is out there, Jeremy. ;)
As even the CEO of Smackdown Industry uses Swords and Sorcery products, and I'm so partial to Mongoose products, it would be against our interests to ban interesting material that can be utilized in creative ways.

People employing WotC only smacks are encouraged to play up the fact that they are as these are definately harder, but as long as it isn't a house ruled character and as long as it follows the latest errata and clarifications for which ever cited product is used----

Anything goes! :)

However, if you post that Four Color To Fantasy super hero shield charging four armed homebrew cat race monstrosity here I'll knock you silly for scaring all the submissions away. :) Though if you want to cook up a Belsmaeth's Blessed Polymorphed into a Firbolg giant, Primal Released, divine shield/sacred strike sheild charger here to show the people how it's done, we'd be honored. :D

The Souljourner

First Post
What makes a shield charging four armed cat race any less ridiculous than most of the things posted in here? I don't know what a Belsmaeth's Blessed is, nor what it means to be Primal Released with sacred strike... but I'm guessing it's no less unbalanced.

Here's the problem... these smacks have gone from "who can do the most damage" to "who can buy the most 3rd party books with poorly thought out abilities". Mongoose has like a dozen books, Sword and Sorcery at least that many, and who knows how many other D20 books are out there? While I think they are a great resource for campaigns, where a DM has final say about what is legal and what is not, in this kind of an environment, I think there has to be some kind of restriction.

-The Souljourner

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
I have a small improvement on CyberSpyder's Diplomatic smackdown.

With the Book of Exalted Deeds, I can get higher than his +53 -- even without the custom +10 ring of Diplomacy.

The character is a half-elf Clr1/Rog14 (or Clr1/Rog13/whatever1). He/She must be good, beholden to a celestial entity, and vow to abstain from harming any living creature. The only stat required is base Cha 17; even low-Int characters have enough skill points for this path.

This requires 8 feats, the base 6 plus two from rogue special abilities: Cosmopolitan (Diplomacy), Courteous Magocracy, Negotiator, Nymph's Kiss, Sacred Vow, Skill Focus (Diplomacy), Vow of Nonviolence, Vow of Peace

19 ranks of Diplomacy
+6 synergy
+11 Charisma
+3 competence (circlet of pursuasion)
+4 sacred (Herald or Joy domain)
+1 luck (stone of good luck)
+2 racial
+2 perfection (Sacred Vow)
+4 exalted (Vow of Peace)
+2 Negotiator
+3 Skill Focus
+2 Nymph's Kiss
+2 Cosmopolitan
+2 Courteous Magocracy
-----------------------
Total: +63

Last edited:

Cyraneth

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
I have a small improvement on CyberSpyder's Diplomatic smackdown.

With the Book of... (Refer to original post for full message.)
With AEG's Rokugan book, I was able to create a 2nd-level character with a +27 Diplomacy modifier. Rather impressive, considering the low level.

2nd-level human courtier of the Unicorn clan

+5 - 5 ranks in Diplomacy
+2 - 5 ranks in Bluff
+2 - 5 ranks in Knowledge (nobility and royalty)
+2 - 5 ranks in Sense Motive
+3 - Cool Head feat
+3 - Skill Focus (diplomacy) feat
+2 - Talented class ability
+4 - Style and Grace class ability
+4 - 18 Charisma
-----------------------------------
+27

Beat that (with a 2nd-level character, that is...). :D

- Cyraneth

Cyraneth

First Post
CRGreathouse said:
Sure. Courtier1/Cleric1, otherwise identical to yours, with the Community and Herald domains.
Ah, of course. Sorry. Just felt like I had to stick with something semi-realistic, and Rokugan doesn't allow the cleric class, so it was either courtier or cleric.

- Cyraneth

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Cyraneth said:
Ah, of course. Sorry. Just felt like I had to stick with something semi-realistic, and Rokugan doesn't allow the cleric class, so it was either courtier or cleric.

- Cyraneth

Of course. You did ask, though.

I think that both Talented and Cool Head are questionable in 3.5. Cool Head is just Skill Focus, of course, while Talented could add +1 (same total), +2 (same difference), or +3 (same multiplier).

Tzeentch

First Post
Necromancer Smack?

As I seem to be unable to actually search the forum, can anyone point me to a 3.0/3.5 smackdown dealing with necromancers/undead using only WotC books?

Remove ads