• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Super heroes RPG

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
would love to see a good d20 supers

I am not sure if it can be done. A yahoo group has some good ideas (and a old stab in the dark that I did for Brave New World). One guy there has a pretty good Marvel d20 that he is starting. Its still pretty new but it could be cool.

NOW I am waiting for this one even if it isn't d20 (I think I could covert it pretty well)

http://www.sjgames.com/hellboy/pressrelease.html

HELLBOY!!!!

Temprus

First Post
Adam Warlock better be in the new minis game!

It has Infinity in the title! :)

Besides I asked Monte if he could put him in (please don't disappoint your #23,432,424th fan!) :D

Last edited:

Alright the comic geek in me is really coming out on this one, but with Infinity Abyss coming out this summer not only will Warlock/Starlin fans be in for a treat but hopeful it will get us a Adam Warlock mini. So keep your fingers crossed and buy Infinity Abyss, at the very least you'll get to read something good.

Eosin the Red

First Post
His Dreadstar stuff is some of the most overlooked work I know of.

Amen brother!!!

I still regail my friends those awesome stories. They should have ended the series after the fight with High Lord Papal though.

Spyritwind

First Post
Not there is anything wrong with with the possibility of a decent D20 super hero system as already stated Champions 5th edition is actually coming out and Blood of Heroes by now Pulsar Games has good mechanics for supers as well.

I wouldn't want to say a good all around D20 system is impossible, but I think it will be pretty challenging. I can more easily see certain genre's of super hero's games working though. Especially low powered supers. Characters that are normal humans with the exception of just a couple powers. It'll be interesting to see what's presented.

No need to wait for a great super game on D20 though. It already exist at least twice with out the D20.

The Sunderer

First Post
Godlike

Information on Godlike can be found at its new site:

http://www.godlikerpg.com/

They have also announced a new game Wild Talents... Effectively "Godlike with the doors blown off" Which allows you to create your own game differring from the Godlike WWII setting...

God I love this game :)

Wild Karrde

First Post
If you want to play supers you need to go with Champions it's the best system out there. Just make sure as a GM you keep a tight watch on your PC's or play with people you can trust not to munchkinize.

The ame is so flexible that it can be abused very easily. But since it is so flexible you can do just about anythign you can think of. Can't wait for fifth.

i8flesh

First Post
Another Super RPG

Guardians of Order is releasing Silver Age Sentinels this Summer. Check out their website at www.guardiansoforder.com for more info. It uses a modified d10 TriStat system.

The Hellboy RPG is going to be awesome. It is going to be out in August.

Shameless Plug: Game Trade Magazine will have a 4 page Hellboy RPG excerpt in its May issue. One page will feature part of the Christopher Golden short story, another will feature a sample character, and there will be a two page introduction into the Hellboy universe.

Ask your retailer to reserve you a copy of this issue.

Remove ads