D&D 5E Survivor Cleric Domains- LIFE DOMAIN WINS!

werecorpse

Adventurer
My experience with 5e clerics has been different. One player I know plays a life cleric in one game and a light cleric in another and has commented on how as a life cleric he isn't needed to spend as many of his actions healing, because each action he does spend healing is more effective.

If your experience is that clerics are only really needed for minimal healing then they arent healbots regardless.

My point is that a healing domain cleric needs to spend less time healing for the group than other clerics. Whether this is 10% instead of 20% or 30% instead of 50% doesn't matter, having to spend less time healing doesn't make you a healbot if anything it makes you less of a healbot and the offensive and other capabilities of the basic cleric are just fine IME.

CTurbo

Explorer
I think the Cleric is one of the strongest classes in 5e and they seem to be more versatile than ever. Or well, it's easier to be versatile.

I have yet to see a 5e Cleric play the "healbot." I almost never heal at all in Combat with my Tempest Cleric considering the best defense is a powerful offense, and one turn wasted on healing is one turn I could have been killing. There have even been occasions where I purposefully KO'd allies that were within my blast radius just to end the encounter. Hey that's what Spare The Dying is for right?

Same thing for the War Cleric in another campaign. He pretty much ONLY healed the Barbarian or himself because if the Barb went down, they were in big trouble.

Yeah. I love the Life Domain because I can spend LESS spell slots on healing, and more on fun stuff.
Specifically because the heals I do cast are better.

Zardnaar

Legend
The life cleric is roughly twice as good at healing as the other clerics ymmv due to how effective the channel divinity is and how you use it.

Light cleric is probably the only other one that can compete it's so good at killing things.

Tempest war and nature are the next best with war being a bit meh.

Any melee type cleric in medium armor and default array is also a bit meh.

Remove ads