D&D 5E Survivor Feats: UPDATE- MOBILE WINS!

BoldItalic

First Post
Thanks for the entertainment :)

I found it amusing, as we went along, to try to predict, from the statistics, how long it would take to reach the end. I didn't do very well :D

Please could you do another 30 survivors, so I can refine my predictive model?

Only joking :lol:

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Disappointed a less battlefield orientated feat didn't win, Mobile has never been chosen by any player in any of the 4 5E games my groups have had thus far.
Weird how different groups work. Out of my 3 5e games, every single one has had Mobile taken. In one game, by more than one player.

JonnyP71

Explorer
But do you play a miniatures-based game with accurate distances on a battle map?

Our games range from pure TotM to rough sketches of layouts on a whiteboard. We never measure distances beyond anything more than rough estimates. Amongst our players we have had 2 Heavy Armour Masters, Keen Mind, Observant, Lucky, Sharpshooter, Sentinel, Magic Initiate, Inspiring Leader, Shield Master, Mounted Combatant, Defensive Duellist and Actor. Feats have also been taken more often than basic stats boosts by a ratio of about 2 to 1.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Bingo. Mobile has three advantages.

1. Dash over difficult terrain with no penalty (seldom used).
2. Increase 10' speed (pretty useful, but useless in theater of the mind).
3. "Free" disengage (also very useful, but much more so on a battle map with minifigs).

With the caveat, again, that survivor threads are for enjoyment only, I would be surprised if mobile was taken in a ToTM game.
We've actually seen quite a bit of use of the "dash over difficult terrain" ability, since our current DM both loves to use difficult terrain AND he's really been enjoying pressuring us with enemy snipers lately. We send the mobile monk (55' movement!) over to keep them busy while we limp into cover.

But yea, we haven't seriously played without a battle map in probably 15 years. The few times we've tried, you can see people getting uncomfortable.

ad_hoc

(they/them)
I wouldn't be so upset about Mobile winning. With so many feats I see the final 10 or so as the winners and the first 10 or so as the losers.

I am pretty happy with the results. The feats I dislike the most all lost early and the feats I like with the exception of Magic Initiate lasted quite a while.

Bingo. Mobile has three advantages.

1. Dash over difficult terrain with no penalty (seldom used).
2. Increase 10' speed (pretty useful, but useless in theater of the mind).
3. "Free" disengage (also very useful, but much more so on a battle map with minifigs).

With the caveat, again, that survivor threads are for enjoyment only, I would be surprised if mobile was taken in a ToTM game.

I play an awful lot of ToTM (50-60%?), and Mobile is popular at my table. It's basically an "I Win" button against any number of creatures. If it were one Mobile PC against any creature without missile weapons or at least 40' movement, I would just close the combat and say, "Okay, you drive off the giant crocodile after inflicting about 30 HP of damage on it. It's running away. Do you want to pursue it to finish it off?"

Remove ads