(Suspended) OOC The Thirteenth Moon, a Story-Driven Campaign (D&D 3.5 Eberron)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
ooooo I've got reasons I wanna play both...

*twitch*

Someone pick on for me I'm having trouble deciding.....
Although my secret plans for the plot of this campaign do not allow me to recommend one character concept over the other for those reasons, I can say that the meta-plots within Sharn itself would probably lend themselves to more interesting role-playing if you picked the telepath. The druidic sects just do not have a substantial presence in the city. There might be occasional treks to the Eldeen Reaches where a druid's place would offer great role-playing potential, but within the city itself, you will be limited in some ways.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Here is the first of the NPC mentors, Mandyran, a male half-elf who is the proprietor of the Golden Horn, an upscale inn in the University District of Upper Menthis. Mandyran is the mentor for Dorius, played by [MENTION=72222]FloatingDisc[/MENTION]. When Dorius first arrived in Sharn, he spent his first few nights at the Golden Horn using a temporary per diem granted by the Korranberg Chronicle. While there, he had the chance to get to know the owner a little bit. A former wanderer, the old man has settled down and opened the inn, which seems to be a popular gathering place for bards. It was not long before Dorius learned that the Golden Horn was Sharn's outpost for the Circle of Song, an informal organization that can be found throughout Khorvaire. Mandyran helped Dorius find more permanent lodgings once his per diem expired and also offered to allow him to join the Circle of Song. FloatingDisc may choose whether he wants Dorius to join the organization or not. I will give them a full write-up eventually.

As a mentor, Mandyran will be able to help Dorius train when he is ready to level up or re-train when he decides he would like to learn new abilities. Mandyran is also willing to advise Dorius on personal matters and use his contacts to help Dorius out should Dorius ever need to ask. As a well-traveled bard who has also lived in Sharn for many years, Mandyran can also provide Dorius with local news and leads.

As an independent foreign correspondent, Dorius does not receive a salary from the Korranberg Chronicle. His in-character articles on the happenings in Sharn will earn him a commission based upon the quality of the work and the relevance to the Chronicle's mission of reporting important news throughout Khorvaire. Dorius will be able to earn up to one commission per week of in-game time. The value of the commission will be based on a combination of the quality of the article (as judged by myself) and Dorius' Craft or Profession check related to the article. Dorius will also be eligible for XP awards for his articles.

I will work on a mentor and similar information for Berrent, pneumatik's character, next.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
I am starting to think about ways to get the party together. So far your origin stories are pretty divergent and only one has chosen to be a Sharn native. If you have some ideas for how the group might come together, pitch them to me. Right now I am looking for an angle on something that brings the group together for a common purpose rather than a shared history. Obviously that common purpose will have something to do with the Blood Moon, as we will be beginning the campaign on that very night. Your mentors may or may not be involved on an individual basis. One common point of interest might be all of your characters being members of the same adventurers' guild. Based on alignments so far, I think the Clifftop Guild would be the most logical choice. But I think it might be more interesting if your group joins the guild in the process of the first adventure.

FloatingDisc

First Post
Love the idea of getting paid a commission for each article - I should take some ranks of Craft (Journalism) or (Writing) I guess!

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I love the idea of being a new member of the Circle of Song. And Mandyran sounds like a handy guy to know!

On the topic of how the party came to meet up, I noticed that [MENTION=21087]pneumatik[/MENTION]'s character's is from House Orien. House Orien has the contract to distribute the Korranberg Chronicle, so that's a way he could have met my character, Dorius. If anyone wants to expand on that, feel free!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Your idea for Dorius meeting Berrent is a great one. The two may have crossed paths when Dorius visited the House Orien Courier's Guild to send off his latest missive to his superiors in Korranberg letting them know he had arrived safely in Sharn. Perhaps Berrent has a part-time job there, a cushy secretarial position to work while he sets up his Inquisitive company.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Alise Nita

Ok, I'll be a Human Psion (telepath) originally from Cyre. Currently living in Dragoneyes after having lived the last few years in High Walls with her father.

Despite it being Dragoneyes she feels that it's a step up from High Walls and largely she's simply happy to have a place of her own makes her feel like an adult.

Due to her family having "the gift" her father got a bad feeling about Cyre and leaving his business behind moving the family to the Sharn slum a few years before the Day of Mourning. Her mother took it for a year before leaving and moving back to Cyre, She is presumed dead in the Day of Mourning

I'll get the rest of this typed up in a better format. when i get home from work. This should get you an idea of who I am.

kinem

Adventurer
Brad could know just about anyone from the tavern where he works. Perhaps he heard that Berrent intends to set up an Inquisitive company, and wants in. He could also be a source for some of Dorius' stories.

pneumatik

The 8th Evil Sage
Your idea for Dorius meeting Berrent is a great one. The two may have crossed paths when Dorius visited the House Orien Courier's Guild to send off his latest missive to his superiors in Korranberg letting them know he had arrived safely in Sharn. Perhaps Berrent has a part-time job there, a cushy secretarial position to work while he sets up his Inquisitive company.

That works for me. Berrent would only be doing the job to help out his dad, not because he thinks he needs the money (hint: he does). But he'll do it for now until his investigative service takes off.

FloatingDisc

First Post
So maybe Brad wants to join up with Berrent for work, and Dorius wants to get in touch (having already met him) to use Berrent as a source for his articles... If Brad and Berrent are going into business together, Dorius could certainly be convinced to come on board as a "consulting bard" B-)

Remove ads