Swamp Trek III: The Search for Ter-raen

Trouvere

Explorer
Gildrim pushes back out into the street as Karl goes inside.

"Thay hiv th' huil ay a draigon in thaur. Ah can juist ween hou th' lizardfowk woud tak tae onybody wha wis wearin' draigonhide whan thay cam tae veesit. But Ah've selled ma wand, for a guid price."

"Whit neist? Ah've a wee few mair trinkets tae sell." Gildrim looks over his companions. "Dae ye aw hae a wappen tae thraw, aw a bow? Ah'm thinkin' Ah shoud buy masel' a crossbow. Ah wis sair lackin' ane th' lest time."

"Aw this gauld in mah pootch is verra nice, but mebbe - if ye're nae sae anxious tae be gane - Ah shoud leuk intae equippin' masel' wi' armour wirthy ay a dwairrrf. Aw mebbe a guid swuird."[sblock=DM]Gildrim might as well sell the other odds and ends that he's still carrying to NPC merchants. That's a pair of silver darts, some antique playing cards, and 1/3 of the jewellery from the ILW-trapped cabinet - links to the posts in which he acquired them in the Character Tracking sblock of his sheet.[/sblock]

Richard Rawen

First Post
Rickart will get his horse from the stables once it is time to leave, until then he'll just tag along, though obviously impatient to get going.

[sblock=ooc afk this week]Pretty much what the title says, I'll do my best to check in on Thursday if I can, otherwise I'll be gone all the rest of the week.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human cleric

Weel nods. "I definitely have a crossbow," he assures the dwarf. "And that last urn trek gave me some extra gold I can use on our supplies."

[sblock=OOC]Weel has about 200 gold to contribute to supplies (he has more than that on him, but I thought it might be prudent to keep some for emergencies, though I'm certainly not above contributing more if we need it). Are we wanting to purchase our lizardfolk gifts from a pool, or shall we all just stock as stock can?[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Guid lad," says Gildrim. "An' a guid bane-smasher, tay, Ah see. Weel, ye'll dae fine, ah, Weel."[sblock=OOC]Gildrim has reached 4th level overnight and has taken a level in Fighter like a good dwarf, rather than continuing in Divine Bard right now since his faith in Grendath is a little shaken. Grendath no doubt feels the same way.

I've spent skill points on learning Sylvan, so I should find some IC reason to explain how he's picked it up. It's his 11th language, so I imagine he can learn a new one pretty quickly, but he probably needs to find a book or something.

I'd like see if in the next couple of real time days, I can roust up a PC armor and weapon crafter and spend some CP to get a small discount (yes, Tarag misses out on yet another commission). If not, Gildrim will have to purchase from an NPC. Whichever way, he'll buy a MW greatsword and MW full plate. He'll wear the chain shirt at night and while traversing the swamp. He'll also get a regular quality light crossbow and 20 bolts, since he really felt the lack of a decent ranged weapon when he met the grasshopper-men. He even got himself tangled up on the wrong side of a tree and tried throwing his longsword at a crocodile. Worked about as well as you'd expect.

The first time through the swamp, we paid Apikotoa with a short bow, mainly because we had little else to offer. He liked it. That's 30 gp. He rattled off a list of other items the tribe would like, which Gildrim passed on earlier. I think we'll do fine spending no more than 10-15 gp apiece on lizardfolk bribes. Maybe 50 fishhooks, 5 lb cinnamon, a longspear, a shortbow, 100 arrows. That's 50 gp. Perhaps we can even use the longspear and bow along the way.

On a related matter, Gildrim has +7 Survival above ground, so if we're willing to walk slowly, he can provide food for everyone while taking 10. If you're happy to eat the kinds of things he considers food.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Trouvere]
Gildrim might as well sell the other odds and ends that he's still carrying to NPC merchants. That's a pair of silver darts, some antique playing cards, and 1/3 of the jewellery from the ILW-trapped cabinet - links to the posts in which he acquired them in the Character Tracking sblock of his sheet.

Does that mean you're waiting on me for values of those?
[/sblock]

ooc: Just a quick note to say that I'm watching, enjoying the RP.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard considers his javelins... eyes the crossbow... *sighs audibly*
"I've never been much of a shot, but a ranged weapon may be smart."

OOC: just passing through, thought I'd sneak in a post. Richard will keep the Crossbow and an extra 10 bolts on his horse, Sally. He'll keep 10 bolts on his person, jic he has to grab and start shootin...

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl is seen exiting the magic shop, tucking away a small vial, as he rejoins the group shortly after Gildrim exits.

OOC: for the misspelling

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
GILDRIM, with an 'i', looks over his companions again. "Ah'm gaein' tae see Rurik Drewer tae see if he can fit me for plate. Yese ootreik yersels wi' five crouns ay spice, an' five crouns ay fishheuks, an' a bow an arraes, an' a langspear, tae trade wi' th' lizardfowk, an' we can set oot for th' Grellgo Swamp, suin as ye like."

A thought strikes him. "Ah'm noo yer leader," he says. "Ah'm comin' alang tae fetch some corpse, an' Ah'll gie whit advisement Ah can. But Ah'm nae workin' for Maister Thorne noo. Sae dae whit ye think's best."[sblock=OOC]Doesn't look as though Bront is still LEW-active, so I'll just get MW full plate and a MW greatsword from an NPC. Shall we skip ahead past preparations to the journey?[/sblock]

Remove ads