Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

G

Guest 11456

Isolde Lianne Faithborne : Cleric/Hierophant of Sarenrae

After being quiet about many things Isolde speaks up on the current subject of discussion. "I agree that we must stay and search for survivors. Without our help they have little chance of survival."

Shayuri

First Post
"I can look around what's left of the city tonight," offers Thorn, "since we're camping anyway. Survivors will leave traces. If I find signs that people survived and are hiding, that will give us reason to stay tomorrow and search more thorougly. If not..." she shrugs. "...then we can decide what to do."

Leif

Adventurer
Banaq, Elf Sorcerer L6, Archmage T1

"Yes, you should take someone with you. That's just what I was going to suggest. Maybe Lia, or Isolde, or Vakeva. I surely would be of no use to you in that evdeavor, and I'd probably make way too much noise, too, and I'd always be asking you fool questions and distracting you. No, better leave poor Banaq behind for this one."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn's first impulse was to deny any need for anyone else, and just to go off. The reality was that no one else in the group was particularly good (by her standards) at stealth, and she'd rather not have to keep an eye on them as well as try to search the remains of the town.

But you planned for success, or you planned for failure. What happened if she found survivors? They'd be scared and in hiding, suspicious of anyone coming close. Would Thorn be able to convince them to go with her? And if not, then what? Leave them? Try to force them to come along?

"Lia," she said. "If you're up to it, you can come. I'll take point, you wait for my signal before advancing. We'll find a safe spot for you to hole up in while I search the place. If I find anyone, I'll need your help talking them into cooperating. And if there's trouble..." She smiled her crooked smile. "A fireball or two might not come amiss."

G

Guest 11456

Isolde Lianne Faithborne : Cleric/Hierophant of Sarenrae

"Perhaps I should go along as well. Just in case you need healing support. Also, if you do find survivors, they maybe in dire need of healing. Healing can also help with diplomacy."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Absolutely Thorn, I will go with you. We can also use my dragon, who can fly silently back and forth and communicate with me if you go ahead. I will gather my supplies." Meliara excuses herself to get her pack before joining up with Thorn again.

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn started to look mulish and exasperated, but finally relented. "Alright," she grumped to Isolde. "I suppose if Lia's hiding out, you'll do better in a pair than alone...and any survivors might be injured."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Soon enough the camp is settled and the officers come to report. First, Soseil Vaenic, the cleric of Shelyn reports. He opens with a blessing. Then proceeds to tell you that the troops are well and that moral is reasonably good considering recent events and your journey into hostile territory. Supplies are being used at the expected rate. He is tall experienced human crusader.

Next, Soseil motions to Aron Kir to speak. The young human is pale and old before his time. He has clearly seen much in his short life. "It seems that a significant force overtook this small village. It appears most of the people have fled. No survivors have been found. We made good time today and two more days should see us to Vilareth Ford."

Next Aravashnial, Elven Riftwarden of Kenabres and your companion of the fall rises to speak. It still seems strange for him to be sighted once again. "This attack was clearly the work of demons of some sort not ordinary soldiers. I will spend some more time examining the marks tonight and try and determine anything of use. I do not require as must sleep as others."

Nurah Dendiwhar the Halfling Bard and historian is last to speak. "This village was an important source of food to the city. Its loss will be hard on the recovery. Perhaps if we spend a day here we could locate some of the survivors and find out what happened. There may well be some food we could recover as well. I don't think we can do these things at night. We would have to delay a day."

Sir Sheldon emerges from the tents of the paladins at the same time that the 4 report givers arrive.

"Soseil Vaenic, thank you for that blessing. Your report is good to hear. Aron Kir, Please use caution when you scout alone, your life is greatly treasured. Having said that, I am curious to know which way they went. Could you tell?"

After getting an answer he continues, "Riftwarden Aravashnial. Your sacrifice thus far has been more then what any could ask of any dozen people. Much less from one. And yet you continue. You are an inspiration to me. It sounds like to from what you and Aron kir hav3e found, we have a large force to defeat, but we will prevail. "

"Nurah Dendiwhar, Your wisdom here is needed and welcome. I agree with you and my companions. We not only should, but need to recover theis town and it purpose. The free cities of this war need them and their skills, their love of the land. Thorn, Isolde, Mia. use care in your scouting ahead. The rest of us and the paladins will wait back until we have news from you. At that time we as a whole will figure out what to do."

"Lia, You are right in saying this is what we fight for."

The paladin's voice calm, low, sedren. He looks to his mentor, Vakeva, the dwarvin monk, often. The look in his eyes is as a son would look to his father for approval.

Remove ads