• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Sword of Valor, Wrath of the Righteous AP Part 2 with your hosts Scotley and MLeibrock

Scotley

Hero
The three set off with the youthful dragon in tow. The village has been left in ruins. Whoever or whatever attacked seems to have taken delight in destruction. No bodies or livestock can be found and you locate no recent graves. The attackers either took what the killed or ate it. The buildings are shattered and burned in a way that suggests wanton destruction. It would not have been necessary to knock the buildings down and burn them to get at what was inside. For all that the destruction seems haphazard. Here and there you find a barrel of food or cask of cooking oil untouched. Some buildings are completely destroyed while other seem to have been just bashed a bit and then ignored. The attack was chaotic to say the least. Some folk seem to have escaped. At least you see footprints leading away here and there. Animal tracks as well. Strange clawed or hooved footprints of demonic creatures can be seen as well. It appears the attackers left in the direction you plan to travel while the locals seem to have scattered to all points of the compass. The long strides suggest they fled in terror. Following a couple of trails you quickly determine they did not stop. They have gone far to escape. It might take days to locate any survivors.

OOC: In your search you locate 4 units of food and some tools that might be useful.

Shayuri

First Post
When Thorn makes her report to the others, she shakes her head. "It's a sad thing, but I don't think we can spare more time to hunt them," she says. "If they scattered, it would not only delay us but also force us to spread the army out and make it vulnerable to attack. I think we need to take what we could salvage and get moving again. If even one demon spots us and teleports back to the city, we lose any chance at surprise."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Sir Sheldon hangs his head in sadness. "So be it. I will tell the troops tonight, unless someone recommends otherwise."

Leif

Adventurer
Banaq, Elf Sorcerer L6, Archmage T1

"No, there is wisdom in Thorn's words. We are too late to save these, unless we may find some of them alive with the demons when we get to them." Banaq sighs heavily.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"I agree," Lia sighs sadly, "I had really been hoping to find them but we cannot take anymore time away from our goal. Let us leave as soon as is prudent." With her head down she retreats to her own tent with her dragon.

Scott DeWar

Sir Sheldon will take a watch duty with some of the men, 6 of them to be precise. 3 will patrol within and 4 will patrol on the perimeter with signal horns or whistles for all 7.

Scott DeWar

"We could use some extra company. " says the paladin indicating the troops he has assigned with the task for the night.

Leif

Adventurer
Banaq, Elf Sorcerer L6, Archmage T1

"I'll get some of my men to help." Banaq will pass the order down his chain of command for two dozen of his men to assist, four of them to be added to each of six shifts.

mleibrock

First Post
Though she didn't want to involve others in her search, Thorn sees (1d20+11=26) the heavy hearts of the party members are having an influence on the troops.

Not much is spoken of during dinner and soon most are bedded down except those on watch. All is calm until about an hour before dawn and one of the 4 perimeter men is heard screaming (as long as you roll higher than a 8 on your perception to wake you from your sleep). The man who was screaming is now silent and an unease is around the remaining men who have all gathered at the center of the camp.

Remove ads