T1: A Visit to Spelding Square [Completed]

orsal

LEW Judge
Once outside Pendrake looks to Quozen and says, "Haf you heard das tale of de grote strijd?", then without waiting for an answer he proceeds to tell the tale as well as he can, embellish the facts on the danger and the parties great deeds of ridding of the menace. He takes great care in never mentioning the 'parent guild'.

Ngikhnit listens, grabbing his flail tightly as he remarks, "You should have had Ngikhnit with you!"

He then follows whoever seems to have an idea where they're going. He clearly doesn't.

Walking Dad

First Post
Midias

Midias quietly follows the others, thinking about how easy he could have drown if ha had fallen into the water.

[sblock=OOC]

---

Midias Sunchosen
AC 17 (T11, FF16), HP 16/18, F +5,R+1,W+5
0 Level: Detect Magic, 2x Light
1 Level: Cure Light Wounds (d) - Bless, Command, Shield of Faith

Effects: -

XP:2.550
Gold: 363.5
Got in last adventure: 4 CLW scrolls

[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
The main body of the slums – or the low district, to be more polite – lies more inland, but with the wave in mind, the group head away from Gillin's home in Crab Garth by the westerly street, back towards the shore. It crosses the main thoroughfare that in more respectable parts of the city is named Merchant's Avenue and continues on a little downhill. But direct access to the sea is blocked when the street turns north, with an unbroken line of ramshackle two storey wooden houses squeezed one against another on each side. Though these would be the dwellings closest to the shoreline, it seems that their occupants have not been greatly disturbed by any night time events, since there is no light showing between any closed shutters.

That's not to say the street is empty, though.

As the party turn the corner northwards, they can see a dark figure hurrying along in the middle, outlined against the yellow flare of an oil lamp that hangs at its far end. It's difficult to make out much against the light, but by the shape, this fellow night wanderer is a little shorter than Quozen, dressed in long skirts and unmistakably carrying a crossbow.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake stops and squints against the darkness to make out the figure, but still cannot do better then what his humans eys allow. he looks to the non humans to see if they notice anything better, only pantomiming the question to them for stealthieness sake.

orsal

LEW Judge
Ngikhnit, on noticing Pendrake stop, understands that this isn't a normal sight for the city. He draws his weapon as he steps to the front of the group. However, he does understand enough about city life to realize it would not be appropriate to attack immediately, so he does not.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen lifts a single hand calmly and confidently, then strides on past the half-giant, making sure he is in the front.

Moving purposefully but silently, he attempts to close the gap between the lone figure and his party, fully aware that he may be seen, but not heard.

[sblock=Move Silently]
Move Silently: 1d20+10=29
[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
As the stranger approaches, it becomes apparent that she's an unusually tall halfling woman, young and somewhat plump. She doesn't notice the group at first. She's spending more time glancing back over her shoulder than looking forward.

Quozen's noiseless approach does nothing to attract her attention forward. But when she does notice everyone - particularly Ngikhnit with his flail in hand and Quozen, almost lost in the shadows - she starts. Her hand goes to her belt and then to the crossbow, but she doesn't raise it. She stares fixedly. As Quozen comes within about thirty feet, her demeanour abruptly changes.

"Oh!" she says. "I thought - but now I'm just sure you don't - well, you can't be too careful, sometimes. But you don't need to worry about me, either. Please, were there guards walking Cutpurse's Retr- I mean, Lower Merchant's Avenue?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
'Figure in dark." says Pendrake to Ngikhnit as he watches the silent Quozen walk forward. "Nee, we hebben gezien geen bewakers mannen, wie bent u?"

[sblock=translation] no, we have seen no guards men, who are you ? [/sblock]

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Quozen, still expecting something, approaches, hand outstretched in greeting.

"I'm not sure how to answer that, I'm afraid. I do not track the guards. But... have you seen a wall of water rush by, dockside?"

Remove ads