• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T1: A Visit to Spelding Square [Completed]

Trouvere

Explorer
The light from Peladus' staff drives some of the shadows from the alleyway and illuminates the stone walls of the houses all around.

The humans can see about twenty feet along the alleyway. Quozen and Ngikhnit's sharper vision shows them its far end and a little way into the cobbled Spelding Square, and little else.[sblock=Maps][sblock=Nhikhnit,Quozen]
lowlightview2.png
[/sblock][sblock=Midias,Peladus,Pendrake]
humanview2.png
[/sblock]You get the idea. I'm certainly not going to do this for every little change.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake draws his sword, a fine looking weapon that has a shpe similer to a long sword, but a curved end instead of straight. He holds it expertly though he does seem to be missing something from his shield arm, as he holds it like therre should be a shield.

"Ja, we go." he follows the giant man.

Trouvere

Explorer
Ngikhnit eagerly hurries forward. Quozen matches his speed with lithe steps. The humans bring up the rear. As each person emerges from the alley, the odour of Spelding Square hits them... not the rot and vinegar that Rollfar Lightpurse mentioned, but an all-pervasive smell of fish.

The light from Peladus' staff spills out from the alley mouth, and illuminates canvas-sided market stalls with incongruously cheerful red and green stripes.

There are no unusual noises, just the whisper of the sea off to your left, and the flapping of a loose piece of canvas in the breeze.[sblock=Ngikhnit, Quozen]Off to the right, there is a rough stone wall about ten feet high that is probably the eastern boundary of the Square.[sblock=Ngikhnit]The moment you reach the end of the alley and enter the Square proper, you feel a sense of rightness. Despite everything, this somehow seems a really nice place, and where you're supposed to be. Leaving the Square seems almost unthinkable, unless there were immediate danger to your life.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Maps][sblock=Midias,Peladus,Pendrake]
humanview3.png
[/sblock][sblock=Ngikhnit,Quozen]
lowlightview3.png
[/sblock]OOG: the maps are made with MapTool. They look as good as they do solely because so much is blacked out from view! I really have zero talent for this sort of thing. covaithe has made some really nice MapTool maps over in L4W, I think. It's quite an easy to use program (for simple maps, at least), though it has its strange omissions, and it doesn't quite seem to deal with light sources quite how I'd like it to.[/sblock]

orsal

LEW Judge
Ngikhnit relaxes. What was that horrid creature the halfling described? I don't see anything like that here. It's quite a fine place, nothing wrong.

Scott DeWar

"Stay on guard, friends. I haf seen much happen in a short time." Pendrake moves forward 20 feet straight ahead, his loan sword at the ready, then stops as still as possible and listens further.

Scott DeWar

OOC: An FYI for all . . .

Our DM, Mr. Trouvere, has been having log in troubles gettin onto ENWorld for the last two days (as have I) and was able to E-mail me to let us know that he will be AFK for a week. I hope that every one else is doing ok on the log in issue.

Remove ads