• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) Take A Closer Look At The 2024 Dungeon Master’s Guide

WotC shares video with a deeper dive

Wizards of the Coast has just shared a video delving into the upcoming One D&D Dungeon Master’s Guide, due for release in 2024.

Scroll down to post #4, below, for a more detailed text summary!
  • Chapter 1 -- basic concepts
  • Chapter 2 -- Advice, common issues
  • Chapter 3 -- Rules cyclopedia
  • Chapter 4 -- Adventure building
  • Chapter 5 -- Campaign building
  • Chapter 6 -- Cosmology
  • Chapter 7 -- Magic items
  • Chapter 8 -- 'A surprise'
  • Appendices -- maps, lore glossary

dave2008

Legend
Perkins also talked in the video about the importance of teaching the history of the game to new DMs picking up their first DMG. Showing how to create a campaign world by walking thru how Gygax created Greyhawk would fit that bill perfectly. And I could see a lot of long time players picking up the DMG just for that. And so I'll say...

Greyhawk confirmed!
I feel like secret map might be Greyhawk related.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I don’t think there has ever been a DMG that really tells you how to DM. So that’s something.

But the most important bit was for the MM, and committing to changing, and I assume mostly boosting, the numbers to actually hit the monster CR.
Yeah, based on Monsters of the Multiverse it's pretty clear how they will tighten the star blocks to behave mire consistently.

Rabbitbait

Grog-nerd
I'm interested. I read the 5e DMs guide precisely once, from cover to cover. It was OK but nothing of real use for running games for me.

I had thought that I wouldn't buy another DMs guide, but maybe I will.

Voidrunner's Codex

Related Articles

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads